Sign in with
Your question

Which Bios options for my Ram?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 1, 2009 5:01:03 PM

Hello together, a few days ago I overclocked my cpu with your help(E6300--> 2.5GHz), since I am a overclocking newbie I dind't change any clock times of my ram and left the Bios settings there on Auto.

"Kingston ValueRAM, 2x2GB Kit, DDR2-800, CL5" (Mainboard Asus p5b)

I've reckognized that in Cpu-Z it's written as 4-4-4-12 but I think that the initial clock speed would be 5-5-5-15.

The system system is stable and the ram are working as ddr2-720 (because of the 1:1 ratio)

My questions: should I change the numbers to 5-5-5-15 or leave them as they are set automaticaly by the Bios?

Which number should I enter as D-ram TRFC?

I don't really know if ram with a speed of 4-4-4-12 are better then ones with 5-5-5-15, could someone explaine the difference to me?

anything else I should change?

Thank you for your answers

Erdinger

More about : bios options ram

January 1, 2009 9:47:51 PM

Check out the excellent "how does RAM work" info at the Corsair web site. No need to change anything, but when you say "stable", does that mean you've run memtest86+ for at least 24 hours w/no errors, and then run Orthos or similar stress tester (in "blend" mode to include memory stress) under Windows at least O/N w/no errors?
January 2, 2009 5:58:02 AM

Lol memtest 86 for 24 hours? Jesus christ. try maybe 3. Your ram is fine, you don't need to change anything.
January 2, 2009 4:38:04 PM

Ok I´ll leave the options as they are.....

Thank you
!