Sign in with
Your question

EVGA 8800GTX NO SIGNAL PLEASE HELP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2008 10:33:36 PM

Hello there.

1 Month ago a bought a 8800GTX and everythings was fine till today morning that when i turn on my pc It didnt show any video at all. i have connected this via dvi to hdmi cable to a sony bravia 32'' 1360*768 and
i dont know what happen

Also I noticed that when I turn on the pc, the Video card fan spins very fast like is it where at 100%
and its very strange but when I connect my old video card 8800gts 320mb its post good.

Also i notice that when the 8800gtx is connected. the oc takes like 5s or so to starts loading I can see this because I have 4gb of crucial ballistix tracer and I can see that the leds takes like to 6seconds start binding.

My spec are E6750 OC to 3,2ghz
4gb Crucial ballistix
GA-p35c-ds3r
Thermaltake Toughpower 700w

I tried unistalling the driver and rivatuner using my gts but when I connect the gtx the same problem(nothing happens)

Why if it was working fine during 1month now without any reasons it stops working

any suggetions also tried to reseat the card nothing happens.

More about : evga 8800gtx signal

a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2008 11:38:35 PM

reset the cmos/bios to defauls and try your gtx, could also be a faulty psu not cutting it anymore?
April 30, 2008 1:37:41 AM

Hello I alredy reset the cmos and the bios like 3 times an nothing happend.

also it works when i connect the 8800gts and overclock it a lot and.

Also tried putting in the GTS the 2 pcie power connectors that i had connected to my gtx and with both works very good.

The psu o dont know because he fan of the card spins very fast and i almost 100% sure that the pc enter in windows but without sending signal to the monitor.

Also tried 2 monitors and the same and the monitor is working with the gts soo it cannot be.

Thank for help

Any other suggetions please
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2008 3:47:51 AM

tato999 said:

Also tried putting in the GTS the 2 pcie power connectors that i had connected to my gtx and with both works very good.

The psu o dont know because he fan of the card spins very fast and i almost 100% sure that the pc enter in windows but without sending signal to the monitor.

Also tried 2 monitors and the same and the monitor is working with the gts soo it cannot be.

Thank for help

warranty the card
a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2008 3:48:44 AM

tato999 said:

Thank for help

warranty the card
!