I Lied

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

I bought it. Yesterday.

It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.

How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?

So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


_______________________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
41 answers Last reply
More about lied
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    news:42503211$1_6@cosmos.uncensored-news.com...
    > I bought it. Yesterday.
    >
    > It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >
    > How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >
    > So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    > Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    > out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............
    >

    Actually you might like the single player campaign to brush up your skills.
    There is a required patch to play online though. And yes, they released a
    previous on-line-only game that could not play online until it was
    patched... Oops!

    Quixote
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Apr 2005 18:12:41 GMT, >^,,^< wrote:

    > I bought it. Yesterday.

    Is it contagious?

    > It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >
    > How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?

    That depends on which version of Tribes it is.

    > So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    > Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    > out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............

    Are you in need of a doorstop? What about one half of a set of bookends?
    You might also use the CD alone as a bookmark thing.

    There's always paperweights as well.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 3 Apr 2005 18:12:41 GMT, >^,,^< wrote:
    >
    >> I bought it. Yesterday.
    >
    > Is it contagious?
    >
    >> It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >>
    >> How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >
    > That depends on which version of Tribes it is.
    >
    >> So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    >> Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    >> out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............
    >
    > Are you in need of a doorstop? What about one half of a set of
    > bookends? You might also use the CD alone as a bookmark thing.
    >
    > There's always paperweights as well.


    The box looks cool..........fill it with sand for the doorstop?

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Apr 2005 18:46:14 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

    > The box looks cool..........fill it with sand for the doorstop?

    If the manual's not heavy enough, you'll have to fill the box with sand.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Apr 2005 18:12:41 GMT, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

    > I bought it. Yesterday.
    >
    > It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >
    > How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >
    > So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    >Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    >out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............

    For what it's worth, I've read that it is a decent single player game.

    I've done the sniper droid demo and had fun with it. But then, I've
    done the online demo and found it to be clunky, slow, and not very
    "Tribesy" at all.

    Install it and see how the single player game is. If you give it even
    a half-hearted endorsement, I'll have to get it meself.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > Actually you might like the single player campaign to brush up your
    > skills. There is a required patch to play online though. And yes,
    > they released a previous on-line-only game that could not play online
    > until it was patched... Oops!
    >
    > Quixote


    That's a great idea, Q. Goodness knows I'm rustier than the Titanic.....

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > For what it's worth, I've read that it is a decent single player game.
    >
    > I've done the sniper droid demo and had fun with it. But then, I've
    > done the online demo and found it to be clunky, slow, and not very
    > "Tribesy" at all.
    >
    > Install it and see how the single player game is. If you give it even
    > a half-hearted endorsement, I'll have to get it meself.


    Okay, hubby teaches tomorrow night, so I'll try it out then.

    (Uh-oh, does it auto-update, or do I need to hunt down that
    lone patch?)

    *GLENN!!!* *HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!*

    :D

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4250e10e$1_7
    @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    > (Uh-oh, does it auto-update, or do I need to hunt down that
    > lone patch?)

    http://tribesvengeance.com/us/downloads.html

    Look for "Update".

    Then jump on the Vengeance channel in MA's TeamSpeak and see if anyone's
    playing:

    http://matureasskickers.net/m/servers/teamspeak.php

    Fafhrd's got some nifty rover maps where he's populated the map with lots
    of rovers. Lots of silliness ensues. I was gonna post a link to a
    screenshot but he posted it in the private section of the forums. :/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4250e10e$1_7
    > @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
    >
    >> (Uh-oh, does it auto-update, or do I need to hunt down that
    >> lone patch?)
    >
    > http://tribesvengeance.com/us/downloads.html
    >
    > Look for "Update".
    >
    > Then jump on the Vengeance channel in MA's TeamSpeak and see if
    > anyone's playing:
    >
    > http://matureasskickers.net/m/servers/teamspeak.php
    >
    > Fafhrd's got some nifty rover maps where he's populated the map with
    > lots of rovers. Lots of silliness ensues. I was gonna post a link to a
    > screenshot but he posted it in the private section of the forums. :/


    Thanks muchly! Like I said, it'll be next week- we jumped on that
    mess in the office today. Wowza.
    BUT, I did make sure that T1 & T2 are still functioning properly
    on my desktop. Since I've got a dial-up backup for this laptop, I can
    put the info into the desktop and play like I used to, before getting the
    f00king satellite.
    I won't be able to tie up either of the phone lines during the day,
    but I can try the DSL wireless on this with T1 when I install it.
    I found my diskettes and CD with all my Tribes goodies on them,
    like the patch to get T1 up to version 1.11, or whatever it is. (My
    CD is version 8.something)
    God bless IcyHot for being such a dear friend, or I'd be bugging
    the hell out of you guys next week! LOL

    Gosh, I better find my headset with the microphone.........

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    But Tribes is a free download aint it ?


    cub
    ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    news:42503211$1_6@cosmos.uncensored-news.com...
    > I bought it. Yesterday.
    >
    > It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >
    > How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >
    > So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    > Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    > out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............
    >
    > --
    >> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
    >
    >
    >
    > _______________________________________________________________________________
    > Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 -
    > http://www.uncensored-news.com
    > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    > <><><><><><><><>
    >
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > news:42503211$1_6@cosmos.uncensored-news.com...
    >> I bought it. Yesterday.
    >>
    >> It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >>
    >> How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >>
    >> So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    >> Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    >> out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............
    >>
    (top posting fixed)
    "Cubzilla" <no@chance.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:4264065d$0$293$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    > But Tribes is a free download aint it ?
    >
    >

    Focus on the phrase "So now I've got T:V,"

    Quixote
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
    news:11685qqjpg99qa1@corp.supernews.com...
    >> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> news:42503211$1_6@cosmos.uncensored-news.com...
    >>> I bought it. Yesterday.
    >>>
    >>> It was only $19.99 at Best Buy.
    >>>
    >>> How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?
    >>>
    >>> So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?
    >>> Save it as a collectible item? Install it just to check
    >>> out the cool scenery? Hmmmmm..............
    >>>
    > (top posting fixed)
    > "Cubzilla" <no@chance.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:4264065d$0$293$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    >> But Tribes is a free download aint it ?
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Focus on the phrase "So now I've got T:V,"
    >
    > Quixote
    >
    >

    I read that as he has T.V, but purchased Tribes (1or 2) for $20

    >>How on earth could I refuse Tribes for $20?

    Here he wonders what to do with his copy of T.V

    > So now I've got T:V, but what to do with it?


    So 8P


    Cub
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:40:54 +0100, Cubzilla wrote:

    > I read that as he has T.V, but purchased Tribes (1or 2) for $20

    /me puts on his "I'm sorry to hear that" face.

    > Here he wonders what to do with his copy of T.V

    He could always nail it on the wall next to the AOL CD's.

    > So 8P

    That's expensive.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cubzilla wrote:
    > Sorry Miracle I've done it again :-(
    >
    >
    > Love
    >
    > Cub

    ROFL You know what Cubby? It's really okay! I love that
    I've been around so long that some of you guys forget I'm a chick.
    Adrian's done the same, I believe, so you're not alone at any rate.

    Your apology is totally accepted! By the way, I've always loved
    your posting nick. How does "Bitchzilla" sound? Too coarse? I've
    been wanting a new Tribes player name, with "-zilla" on the end.

    Here's why- a dear friend who died just a few years ago was
    a paraplegic, and he was in the process of creating a line of gear
    for folks who are wheelchair-bound. The brand name for the wheel-
    chair accessories is "Wheelzilla". http://www.wheelzilla.com/

    So you see why I'm fond of the "-zilla" part. :) Help me figure
    out my own "zilla" nick, would you? Grannyzilla? Ew, no, not that.....

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4264ae66$1_3
    @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    > So you see why I'm fond of the "-zilla" part. :) Help me figure
    > out my own "zilla" nick, would you? Grannyzilla? Ew, no, not that.....

    So will you be baking 'zilla wafers? :D
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
    > ROFL You know what Cubby? It's really okay! I love that
    > I've been around so long that some of you guys forget I'm a chick.
    > Adrian's done the same, I believe, so you're not alone at any rate.

    Adrian's a chick?

    Dude.
    --
    Frank
    Obtuse, today.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4264ae66$1_3
    > @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
    >
    >> So you see why I'm fond of the "-zilla" part. :) Help me
    >> figure out my own "zilla" nick, would you? Grannyzilla? Ew, no, not
    >> that.....
    >
    > So will you be baking 'zilla wafers? :D


    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...............................

    LOL

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Adrian's a chick?
    >
    > Dude.

    --
    Frank
    Obtuse, today


    'S okay. You're entitled, due to your job description.
    (It *must* be stress- idiocy isn't contagious.)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle





    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
    > 'S okay. You're entitled, due to your job description.
    > (It *must* be stress- idiocy isn't contagious.)

    Sarcasm and deliberate stupidity are what I live on.

    I shall not be denied!

    Stress? School causes stress. First time ever, too. Large workload nowadays.
    --
    Frank
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 21 Apr 2005 06:39:38 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >(Sorry for not snipping, but this is cool stuff!)

    Allow me! [Snip!]

    > So I suppose the whole world is doing its own thing as far as
    >schooling goes! And I quit in grade 10, as I already knew everything.
    > :D
    > Yes, I really did quit, but later took the test to get my equivalency.
    >I find it amusing that I now teach kids who are high schol graduates
    >who can't read or write. Hmmm, not amusing exactly.....more along
    >the lines of totally disgusted. I mean, I even understand algebra, but
    >these kids can't divide 2 into 4 and get a correct answer.

    Same here, Miracle. And I'm staggered to see how many degree holders
    are dumb as bricks in any given field. But, like Frank Sinatra, I was
    determined to do it My Way. So I dropped. But by no means discontinued
    my education.

    > Which brings me to another point- almost every person I correspond
    >with online is a foreigner- someone who was born and lives outside
    >the U.S. Why? Because their grammer, spelling, and puctuation are
    >decent. Even if it's in another language. And they can think without
    >AOL telling them what they know.
    > The other folks I tappity-tap with are well-educated, like Troy and
    >Bryan. And oddly, I only communicate with 3 women online- but
    >all three share common interests and type properly.
    > I'm not a snob by any means- I don't care what folks look like
    >one bit, or how they dress, etc.. But I suppose I have a distaste for
    >folks who can't flip to "adult" when they're online. I love being an ass
    >in here at times- it's so totally me! Good fun and silliness are a huge
    >part of my Usenet activities, but sometimes I want to talk like an adult.

    I loath net-speak. English, even though an aggregate language cobbled
    from various sources, has conventions for correct grammar, punctuation
    and syntax.

    u no wut im talkin bout???????????

    I'll drop an emoticon or two, but I refuse to abbreviate a 3-letter
    word like "you". :) Oh, the strain of having to manipulate a shift
    key! The rigors of hitting "y" and "o"! Woe to the worlds youth!

    > Oops. Oh well, we'll just call the above "Chapter Two" of the book
    >I seem to be writing online..........

    No one's complaining. Partly because it's not dull as of yet. And
    we're afraid of invoking thy wrath. :)

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
    > (Sorry for not snipping, but this is cool stuff!)

    I'm snipping.
    > Wow, that's a very different system indeed- so many different
    > types of schools.

    Yup. And, obviously, there are ways of shifting upwards as well. After
    the CITO exam (which limits where you can go) if you're assigned to
    MAVO, you could continue to MBO, and from there move up to HBO, and once
    you've got your first year of that you can start a university Bachelors
    program, or you can finish your Bachelors and do the Masters at a uni.

    All very interesting, though fortunately behind me. Of course, I went
    straight to the VWO (which is, by the way, further subdivided into
    Atheneum and Gymnasium, the latter including ancient Greek and Latin)

    > Of course, some things are different here as you
    > go from state to state. In Georgia we went by a 4 quarter system,
    > which were school periods of nine weeks. Out here in Arizona they
    > use a 3 semester system, which is 16 weeks each. Go figure.

    My school periods are officially semesters, but in reality quarters of
    10 weeks each, of which 7-8 are for working and the rest for exams and
    project assessments.

    > In Georgia, grades 7-9 are junior high school, while here they
    > are "middle" schools. And in some other states, high school includes
    > grade 9.
    >
    > So I suppose the whole world is doing its own thing as far as
    > schooling goes! And I quit in grade 10, as I already knew everything.
    > :D
    > Yes, I really did quit, but later took the test to get my equivalency.

    That's good.

    > I find it amusing that I now teach kids who are high schol graduates
    > who can't read or write. Hmmm, not amusing exactly.....more along
    > the lines of totally disgusted. I mean, I even understand algebra, but
    > these kids can't divide 2 into 4 and get a correct answer.

    At the HBO, in higher education, someone had to divide 15 by 4.
    Obviously, this gives a fraction, and one way to calculate it would be
    to divide 16 by 4 (=4) and subtract 1/4, giving 3 and 3/4.

    A student actually managed to write down: I cannot calculate this, as I
    am not allowed to use a calculator.

    The teacher is rather sarcastic in general, but was downright venomous
    talking about this.

    Oh, speaking of venomous teachers:
    http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/Berkeley_Laptop_Thief.mp4

    (and while I'm pimping video's, two important ones:
    http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/Torn.wmv
    http://www.big-boys.com/articles/pokerroom1.html

    Both funny, non-disgusting)

    > Which brings me to another point- almost every person I correspond
    > with online is a foreigner- someone who was born and lives outside
    > the U.S. Why? Because their grammer, spelling, and puctuation are
    > decent. Even if it's in another language. And they can think without
    > AOL telling them what they know.

    I always enjoy correcting people's spelling, with them then saying

    > The other folks I tappity-tap with are well-educated, like Troy and
    > Bryan. And oddly, I only communicate with 3 women online- but
    > all three share common interests and type properly.
    > I'm not a snob by any means- I don't care what folks look like
    > one bit, or how they dress, etc.. But I suppose I have a distaste for
    > folks who can't flip to "adult" when they're online. I love being an ass
    > in here at times- it's so totally me! Good fun and silliness are a huge
    > part of my Usenet activities, but sometimes I want to talk like an adult.

    I like form. People say that it's the content that matters, but that's
    bullshit. If your goal is to communicate, then you want to be sure
    people understand you, and the way you do that is through proper
    spelling and the Bad Boys of Punctuation).

    > Oops. Oh well, we'll just call the above "Chapter Two" of the book
    > I seem to be writing online..........

    Say, there's a thought.
    --
    Frank
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On 21 Apr 2005 06:39:38 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> (Sorry for not snipping, but this is cool stuff!)
    >
    > Allow me! [Snip!]


    Okay! :D

    > Same here, Miracle. And I'm staggered to see how many degree holders
    > are dumb as bricks in any given field. But, like Frank Sinatra, I was
    > determined to do it My Way. So I dropped. But by no means discontinued
    > my education.


    Exactly. But we're both avid readers, aren't we? We didn't have
    video games, computers, or cell phones to amuse ourselves with,
    so we read books. And magazines, and newspapers.........


    > I loath net-speak. English, even though an aggregate language cobbled
    > from various sources, has conventions for correct grammar, punctuation
    > and syntax.
    >
    > u no wut im talkin bout???????????


    Preachin' to the choir, bro! But I do so love the mangled
    "133t sp34K" we use to poke fun at trolls. :D

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:29:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > As well you should. The first mime ever who is actually funny.

    I take it you're not including the early silent comedians in that one?

    .... or even "Harpo Marx".

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:44:48 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:29:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >> As well you should. The first mime ever who is actually funny.
    >
    >I take it you're not including the early silent comedians in that one?
    >
    >... or even "Harpo Marx".

    Harpo! The Marx brothers! A Night at the Opera! Hilarious stuff.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:35:28 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Harpo! The Marx brothers! A Night at the Opera! Hilarious stuff.

    Oh yes. :)

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:29:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >
    >>As well you should. The first mime ever who is actually funny.
    >
    > I take it you're not including the early silent comedians in that one?
    >
    > ... or even "Harpo Marx".

    Let me qualify that by changing that sentence to:
    "The first mime I've ever seen who is actually funny."

    All the rest should be bludgeoned to near death, and then shot in the
    kneecaps.

    Which, of course, makes for approximately two discomfited no-talent ass
    clowns, since mimes aren't so common around these parts.

    --
    Frank
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:40:14 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > Let me qualify that by changing that sentence to:
    > "The first mime I've ever seen who is actually funny."

    Ah. :)

    > All the rest should be bludgeoned to near death, and then shot in the
    > kneecaps.

    Good call.

    .... although it'd be a shame to waste the ammunition.

    > Which, of course, makes for approximately two discomfited no-talent ass
    > clowns, since mimes aren't so common around these parts.

    I've always wondered how they'd react to an actual eyepoke.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:40:14 +0200, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    >Mr K wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:29:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>As well you should. The first mime ever who is actually funny.
    >>
    >> I take it you're not including the early silent comedians in that one?
    >>
    >> ... or even "Harpo Marx".
    >
    >Let me qualify that by changing that sentence to:
    >"The first mime I've ever seen who is actually funny."
    >
    >All the rest should be bludgeoned to near death, and then shot in the
    >kneecaps.
    >
    >Which, of course, makes for approximately two discomfited no-talent ass
    >clowns, since mimes aren't so common around these parts.

    Mimes and their inbred cousins circus clowns are seriously -not- funny
    in my estimation. Even as a kid I took no joy in clowns.

    I remember my family watching prime-time mime team Shields and Yarnell
    back in the late 70's. Even at about 12 years old, I had contempt for
    the entertainment "stylings" of this dismal duo.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:40:14 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >> Let me qualify that by changing that sentence to:
    >> "The first mime I've ever seen who is actually funny."
    > Ah. :)
    >> All the rest should be bludgeoned to near death, and then shot in the
    >> kneecaps.
    > Good call.
    > ... although it'd be a shame to waste the ammunition.

    Steal the money from their hat they have for letting people pay them to
    stop.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > Mimes and their inbred cousins circus clowns are seriously -not- funny
    > in my estimation. Even as a kid I took no joy in clowns.

    As Terry Pratchett puts it so wonderfully in _Men At Arms_:
    "People laughed at clowns, but only out of nervousness. The point of
    clowns was that, after watching them, anything else that happened seemed
    enjoyable."

    Excellent book, and here's more quotes:
    http://ozdw.homes.com.au/DiscQuotes/MaA.htm

    > I remember my family watching prime-time mime team Shields and Yarnell
    > back in the late 70's. Even at about 12 years old, I had contempt for
    > the entertainment "stylings" of this dismal duo.

    Actually, either Penn or Teller is a mime. Mimes can be funny (as
    displayed in the Torn video), but not in their stereotypical routines.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:21:38 +0200, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> Mimes and their inbred cousins circus clowns are seriously -not- funny
    >> in my estimation. Even as a kid I took no joy in clowns.
    >
    >As Terry Pratchett puts it so wonderfully in _Men At Arms_:
    >"People laughed at clowns, but only out of nervousness. The point of
    >clowns was that, after watching them, anything else that happened seemed
    >enjoyable."
    >
    >Excellent book, and here's more quotes:
    >http://ozdw.homes.com.au/DiscQuotes/MaA.htm
    >
    >> I remember my family watching prime-time mime team Shields and Yarnell
    >> back in the late 70's. Even at about 12 years old, I had contempt for
    >> the entertainment "stylings" of this dismal duo.
    >
    >Actually, either Penn or Teller is a mime. Mimes can be funny (as
    >displayed in the Torn video), but not in their stereotypical routines.

    The stereotypical mime is the loathsome ilk of which I focus my
    contempt. Physical humor is great. As Mr. 15K pointed out, Harpo Marx
    is a great exception to the "mime" rule.


    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4269f121$1_3
    @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    >> Well then:
    >> http://www.boingboing.net/2005/04/20/berkeley_laptop_thie.html
    >
    >
    > Ah, now *this* is good stuff! :D
    >
    > /me wonders if I sound that dull when lecturing........

    I'm betting he was grandstanding for his clients, since it's possible the
    laptop was stolen by some biotech industrial espionage types (or by a
    student hired by same). Can you imagine someone leaving millions of dollars
    of sensitive data where someone can easily steal it? (Alas, I can, all too
    easily.)
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:40:14 +0200, Frank van Schie
    > <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
    >
    >> Mr K wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:29:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> As well you should. The first mime ever who is actually funny.
    >>>
    >>> I take it you're not including the early silent comedians in that
    >>> one?
    >>>
    >>> ... or even "Harpo Marx".
    >>
    >> Let me qualify that by changing that sentence to:
    >> "The first mime I've ever seen who is actually funny."
    >>
    >> All the rest should be bludgeoned to near death, and then shot in the
    >> kneecaps.
    >>
    >> Which, of course, makes for approximately two discomfited no-talent
    >> ass clowns, since mimes aren't so common around these parts.
    >
    > Mimes and their inbred cousins circus clowns are seriously -not- funny
    > in my estimation. Even as a kid I took no joy in clowns.
    >
    > I remember my family watching prime-time mime team Shields and Yarnell
    > back in the late 70's. Even at about 12 years old, I had contempt for
    > the entertainment "stylings" of this dismal duo.


    I go back to Charlie Chaplin's antics, and I couldn't stand him
    even as a small child. Ditto Shields & Yarnell.
    But you know, there was one group that was so innovative, I
    would sit mesmerized and watch them. They had an odd name which
    I'll attempt to type: Mummenschantz. (I have no idea if thats right.)

    I understand that The Blue Group is also *beyond* mime, that
    folks pay huge money in Vegas to see them. I won't, but I would
    try to watch them on TV to see if they're as good as Mummenschantz
    was.

    --
    > ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4269f2d4$1_5
    @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    > I understand that The Blue Group is also *beyond* mime, that
    > folks pay huge money in Vegas to see them. I won't, but I would
    > try to watch them on TV to see if they're as good as Mummenschantz
    > was.

    Haven't seen Mummenschantz, but I've seen the Blue Man Group on TV and
    they're fun to watch. Kind of like Salvadore Dali in motion and
    technicolor.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:57:30 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > The stereotypical mime is the loathsome ilk of which I focus my
    > contempt. Physical humor is great. As Mr. 15K pointed out, Harpo Marx
    > is a great exception to the "mime" rule.

    .... and that only came about because he was funnier doing the silent
    routines...:
    +----[ http://www.marx-brothers.org/living/harpo.htm ]
    | Adolph Marx performed beautiful pantomime which was ruined whenever he
    | spoke." Harpo then decided he could do a better job of stealing focus by
    | not speaking
    +----

    And, just for the hell of it, have some colour footage of them
    rehearsing...:
    http://www.marx-brothers.org/mov4_Animal_Crackers.html

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2005 07:01:40 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    [clip]

    >> Mimes and their inbred cousins circus clowns are seriously -not- funny
    >> in my estimation. Even as a kid I took no joy in clowns.
    >>
    >> I remember my family watching prime-time mime team Shields and Yarnell
    >> back in the late 70's. Even at about 12 years old, I had contempt for
    >> the entertainment "stylings" of this dismal duo.
    >
    >
    > I go back to Charlie Chaplin's antics, and I couldn't stand him
    >even as a small child. Ditto Shields & Yarnell.
    > But you know, there was one group that was so innovative, I
    >would sit mesmerized and watch them. They had an odd name which
    >I'll attempt to type: Mummenschantz. (I have no idea if thats right.)
    >
    > I understand that The Blue Group is also *beyond* mime, that
    >folks pay huge money in Vegas to see them. I won't, but I would
    >try to watch them on TV to see if they're as good as Mummenschantz
    >was.

    I remember them! http://www.mummenschanz.com/split_e.html

    Yeah, as far as silent performance art goes, it's pretty entertaining
    stuff.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 05:44:17 -0500, ScratchMonkey
    <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

    >">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4269f2d4$1_5
    >@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
    >
    >> I understand that The Blue Group is also *beyond* mime, that
    >> folks pay huge money in Vegas to see them. I won't, but I would
    >> try to watch them on TV to see if they're as good as Mummenschantz
    >> was.
    >
    >Haven't seen Mummenschantz, but I've seen the Blue Man Group on TV and
    >they're fun to watch. Kind of like Salvadore Dali in motion and
    >technicolor.

    I've only seen them on the Intel commercials. I'd like to get a
    viewing of them in a non-commercial setting.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On 23 Apr 2005 07:02:44 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" wrote:
    >> I really like the way your mind works! :D
    >
    > I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened by that compliment.


    Definitely flattered, then frightened. :D

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 26 Apr 2005 08:40:53 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> On 23 Apr 2005 07:02:44 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" wrote:
    >>> I really like the way your mind works! :D
    >>
    >> I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened by that compliment.
    >
    >
    > Definitely flattered, then frightened. :D

    Too true.

    You should see what forms of public punishment / death I have in mind
    for guys like the dude in Florida who rapes and murders little
    girls...


    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On 26 Apr 2005 08:40:53 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Smeghead wrote:
    >>> On 23 Apr 2005 07:02:44 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" wrote:
    >>>> I really like the way your mind works! :D
    >>>
    >>> I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened by that
    >>> compliment.
    >>
    >>
    >> Definitely flattered, then frightened. :D
    >
    > Too true.
    >
    > You should see what forms of public punishment / death I have in mind
    > for guys like the dude in Florida who rapes and murders little
    > girls...


    I hear that!!!! Death would be no punishment in my opinion,
    unless it was I who got to do it. Long and slow......in public.

    I just don't know why "we" keep letting them out of jail. But
    that's a rant for another time. I'll add that there's a Level 3 who
    is moving to my neighborhood in May, and all I can think about
    is how many children now live in this area. :(

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle


    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 27 Apr 2005 09:07:24 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> On 26 Apr 2005 08:40:53 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Smeghead wrote:
    >>>> On 23 Apr 2005 07:02:44 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" wrote:
    >>>>> I really like the way your mind works! :D
    >>>>
    >>>> I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened by that
    >>>> compliment.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Definitely flattered, then frightened. :D
    >>
    >> Too true.
    >>
    >> You should see what forms of public punishment / death I have in mind
    >> for guys like the dude in Florida who rapes and murders little
    >> girls...
    >
    >
    > I hear that!!!! Death would be no punishment in my opinion,
    >unless it was I who got to do it. Long and slow......in public.
    >
    > I just don't know why "we" keep letting them out of jail. But
    >that's a rant for another time. I'll add that there's a Level 3 who
    >is moving to my neighborhood in May, and all I can think about
    >is how many children now live in this area. :(

    I'm totally for castration and death. Not necessarily in that order,
    either.

    The American prison system is not designed for rehabilitation of the
    problem these people have. So they get out and are still predators.


    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games