Hardware problems and continuous beeping noises!

unicornlily

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
I wasn't sure where to post this forum at, but I thought this would be the closest one.

Anyways, my computer's tower was kicked just below the on/off button and it starts making soft and continuous beeping sounds and then it froze. When I rebooted it, it kept on giving me different DOS screens, one of them saying that I was missing a configuration file and that I need to reinstall it. And it still has beeping noises everytime I reboot it.

I have a feeling this is something to do with the hard drive.

Mondoman

Splendid
FIrst, open up the computer case and make sure all the components are still securely positioned in their slots/bays. The beeping sounds may be a "beep code" indicating what is wrong with your computer -- check out this site for info: http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

Perhaps your hard drive was damaged? Take a look at the hard drive to find out who made it, then go to that company's web site. They will have free software to download that you can run on your system to check whether or not the hard drive is working correctly.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
for the HDD it depends on how hard it was kicked, if he has anything SATA, I'd check the cables especially if they aren't the locking kind, all of them .

Out of curiosity, who kicked it? and how hard?

I guess after consideration just check that everything is secure, cables(power and data),cards,memory etc...

TRENDING THREADS