Sign in with
Your question

I need help with timing my ram.

Last response: in Memory
June 10, 2008 8:59:28 PM

Ok,

Firstly, my apologies if this is a redundant ?. I search around the forums for a while but didn't see my issue listed. That said here is my problem. I am using the XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Socket 775 Motherboard with a Intel Quad Core Kentsfield 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU and OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. Currently I have Vista 32 bit installed and from time to time this os takes a **** and shuts down/restarts on me. I want to install 64bit Vista Ultimate to both utilize my full ram and get rid of this issue.
I remember that when I purchased the ram I read somewhere that it needs a special latency timing (?). I know where it is in the bios and how to change it but I'm not sure what to change it to or where to look to find out what to change it to. Also I have tried to install Vista 64 Ultimate and the image I am using seems to be fine likewise with my key code. The only problem I have is about 4/5th of the way through the install i get the blue screen of death. My suspicion is that it is a result of there being a ram problem. So with that said does anyone have a suggestion for a remedy? I really hope so.

More about : timing ram

a b } Memory
June 10, 2008 9:34:49 PM

1. Please list full specs. Including PSU.

2. Did you increase RAM voltage?
June 12, 2008 7:03:08 AM

I didn't change any of the voltage settings and the psu is the Ultra X-Finity 600-Watt ATX w/ SATA-Ready SLI-Ready Black APFC Energy Efficient w/135mm Fan.
a b } Memory
June 12, 2008 10:59:27 AM

You need to increase RAM voltage. DDR2 800 usually runs at 2.0-2.2v.
!