Recording problems on SB Audigy

julie1723

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
I apologize if there is a similar thread in here, honestly couldn't find any with the search function.

I've had a Sound Blaster Audigy sound card for some time, but now I'm really interested in my microphone to be able to work properly and for all my efforts I cannot make it work. I'm not much of an expert in computers and I'm a bit confused with all the settings in the Sound and Audio Devices Tab. On Sound Recording and Voice Recording I have the following options:

SB Live! 24bit
Realtek HD Digital Input
Realtek HD Front Green Jack
Realtek HD Front Pink Jack
Realtek HD Audio Rear Input

And I set Sound Playback and Voice Playback on SB Live!24bit or I can't hear anything. My microphone is not muted and I have a headpiece with a mic. I'm assuming the wires are all plugged in right (green with green and pink with pink) and I've tried multiple combinations to see if it works. The sound card has 4 plugs in the back, one marked Digital Input (Blue) and 3 others marked numerically (Green, Black and Pink). I have Windows XP and I believe the Advanced HD version of Sound Blaster Audigy.

Thanx very much for any reply.

Tug

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
I think the blue one is your mic in / line in / digital in

Connect mic to blue

headphones to green

Do you have the 24 bit external or internal SBLive card?

What are you mainly doing with the mic and headphones?...Skype, recording music?...

If you have no need for 2 sound cards in your system, you should do what mi1ez suggested and disable the sound card

julie1723

Distinguished
May 19, 2008

Tried conecting Mic to Blue and headphones to green and set Voice& Sound Recording to Digital Input and it upon testing it it gives me an error: Your sound hardware cannot simultaneously play sounds and capture your voice.
I have the internal one and I'm trying to get this working so I can talk on Ventrilo. And about disabling the sound card, I have no clue how to do that :)

Tug

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
Disabling the sound card-when the computer is starting up it will display a message similar to:

Hit F1 to enter setup.

The key can also be DEL, F2, F10 whatever they tell you. Check out the different windows in the BIOS setup and you will come across an option to ENABLE / DISABLE sound.

You might find more specific help with your sound card at the Creative Labs forum:
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/?region=CLI