Asus P5K vs Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

I'm going to build a new PC and i would like your opinion between these two motherboards (Asus P5K and GA-P35-DS3L). I will use E8200 or E4500 CPU. Do i need to upgrade BIOS of these motheboards to support these CPUS.
Please advise.
7 answers Last reply
More about asus gigabyte ds3l
  1. sa89 said:
    I'm going to build a new PC and i would like your opinion between these two motherboards (Asus P5K and GA-P35-DS3L). I will use E8200 or E4500 CPU. Do i need to upgrade BIOS of these motheboards to support these CPUS.
    Please advise.
    Never hurts to google for problems before going around flashing lol
  2. The ASUS supports has firewire and supports crossfire by having 2 Pci-express x16 slots...if you dont need any of that I would get the Gigabyte

You need to get the e8400...its 10.00 more bucks and 3.0Ghz compared to the e8200's 2.66Ghz...without question get the e8400
  3. Thanks for the information, i will go with GA-P35-DS3L but do i have to update BIOS to support E8400. I don't have a previous CPU which is been supported by this motherboard to update the BIOS.
  4. no bios update is needed
  5. At Gigabyte's site says that E8400 is supported at F7a bios version. Is it sure that this CPU will be supported before bios update?
  6. The Gigabyte bios has supported the E8400 for some time now.
    Buying the board from a vendor like newegg with good turnover will insure that you get fresh stock.
    You are good to go.
  7. DS3L + E8400
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus CPUs Gigabyte