Serious Velociraptor Issue

Core i7 @ 3.3
3GB Gskill 1333(6-6-6-13-1T)
MSI X58 Platinum(nonSLI) Newest BIOS
2x ASUS 4870 512MBs
SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
WD Velociraptor 300(XP Pro 32bit SP3 all updated)
Coolmax CUG-950B(950W)

Slow boot time, General slow hard drive performance...Virus scans used to take less than 20 minutes, now after 1hour im @ 10 percent...

Ran chkdsk /r thru recovery console yesterday

tried swapping sata cables(i read this could help, but didnt)

As we already know, those speeds are unacceptable for this drive. I did the same test with my 1GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro, and it achieved a faster read/write speed...unbelievable.

What should I Do? Any Suggestions/Ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about serious velociraptor issue
  1. Running the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics Extended test as we speak..6 hours 45 mins and counting..tech support is basically just saying wait it out. :fou:
  2. Try MSI Support. http://ocss.msi.com.tw/index.php I had two MSI AMD boards that needed a beta bios to get that drive to operate correctly. I also had to disable C1E Support in the bios. Send them the disk graphs and see if they can duplicate on their end.
  3. PROBLEM SOLVED.

After watching the diagnostic test go nowhere for some 10+hours..I decided to take action into my own hands.

I checked the event log the day the incident happened, found out it was a controller issue.

Uninstalled the ICH10R storage drivers, rebooted, sure enough, works like a goddamn CHARM.
  4. Radnsmash said:
    PROBLEM SOLVED.

After watching the diagnostic test go nowhere for some 10+hours..I decided to take action into my own hands.

I checked the event log the day the incident happened, found out it was a controller issue.

Uninstalled the ICH10R storage drivers, rebooted, sure enough, works like a goddamn CHARM.

Dude, please watch your language, this is a public forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage