Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does Windows Easy Transfer, transfer games?

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
July 8, 2012 10:24:09 PM

I was wondering because I wanted to transfer my games from my Program Files folder to my new Windows 7 computer.

Best solution

a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 8, 2012 10:27:15 PM

No. Windows Easy Transfer transfers only program settings, not the programs themselves. To use the programs from your old computer, install them on your new computer, and then transfer files and settings for those programs. It's possible that some kinds of programs, such as security and antivirus programs, might not work with this version of Windows.

Microsoft.com
Anonymous
July 8, 2012 10:32:22 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
No. Windows Easy Transfer transfers only program settings, not the programs themselves. To use the programs from your old computer, install them on your new computer, and then transfer files and settings for those programs. It's possible that some kinds of programs, such as security and antivirus programs, might not work with this version of Windows.

Microsoft.com

well then would it be possible to take the game folder from the program files folder, and drop it in my external hard drive, then drop the game folder to my new Windows 7 64-bit pc's Program Files folder?
m
l
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 8, 2012 10:35:26 PM

Most of the time this doesn't work.
m
l
Anonymous
July 8, 2012 10:40:27 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Most of the time this doesn't work.

If I give you a list of the games I would like to do this with, could you give me a Yes or No?
m
l
Anonymous
July 9, 2012 1:08:28 AM

Best answer selected by DarylWise.
m
l
!