Sign in with
Your question

blinking projector image from Toshiba laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2008 3:46:28 PM

Last night I tried connecting my Toshiba Satellite A215 to a projector for the first time. The results were no good. Both my monitor and the projector's image blinked constantly. Adjusting the refresh rate didn't help. Switching to just one monitor -- the projector's -- didn't help either. I gave up, unhooked the projector, and showed the audience my presentation on the little laptop screen. Now I'm reluctant to bring this laptop to other presentations. Any suggestions?
May 17, 2008 9:37:30 PM

The same darn thing happened to me last night during my presentation with the same Toshiba A215 connected to a Sharp projector. It blinked all night long. When ever i hook up another laptop there is never a problem. Vista seems to be the cause but I am open to suggestions..Can I configure my Toshiba to prevent this happening? Kindly help..
October 26, 2008 2:41:08 PM

I managed to resolve the problem in this way.
Go to Display Settings, then Advanced Settings then select the ATI Catalyst Control Center tab (if you don't have this tab you just need to download the Catalyst Software Suite from here http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML) . Once you are on the catalyst Control Center tab click on the button to open the Control Center. From the left menu select Monitor Properties 1 -> attributes. Then go the lower right part called "monitor attributes", unflag the "use extended display identification data or driver defaults" flag, and select maximum resolution to 1200x800 and maximum refresh rate 60 HZ.
It worked for me I hope it does for you.
Related resources
!