Storage

Tags:
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Storage
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
July 10, 2012 1:41:13 AM

I have a dell inspiron 531S that I bought that did not have the hard drive in it (previous owner worried about the data loss) I put a hard drive from another computer in it to see if it works(it does) bought a new hard drive to put in it, but I cant get the BIOS to recognize the hard drive. Any ideas?

More about : storage

July 10, 2012 7:33:43 PM

watsonabe said:
I have a dell inspiron 531S that I bought that did not have the hard drive in it (previous owner worried about the data loss) I put a hard drive from another computer in it to see if it works(it does) bought a new hard drive to put in it, but I cant get the BIOS to recognize the hard drive. Any ideas?

You should be more specific with hardware you are attempting to use, and what is the difference between the one that worked & the new one that doesn't work.
m
l
a b G Storage
July 11, 2012 4:52:30 AM

is that an IDE or SATA hard disk?
m
l
August 4, 2012 6:05:41 AM

watsonabe said:

I worked it out I had a bad cable,replaced the cable and everything was fine
m
l
!