XP won’t let tribes 2 run

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 13, 2005 3:36:46 PM

All,

I’ve upgraded from 98 to XP and now I can’t run my Tribes 2. Program says
that my program is out of date and that there are no updates available.

Can some one please give me directions to cure this problem?

TKS, Frank

More about : wont tribes run

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 7:52:19 PM

"Zappa" <Zappa@nospam.net> wrote in message
> All,
>

> I've upgraded from 98 to XP and now I can't run my Tribes 2. Program says
> that my program is out of date and that there are no updates available.
>

> Can some one please give me directions to cure this problem?
>
> TKS, Frank

i think this is in fact vivendi's fault.
go to your tribes 2 folder and find the tribes2.exe and append the command
line with -online
April 13, 2005 7:52:20 PM

Thanks for your reply Adrian. Sorry but I don't know how to do what you
suggest. My command
line is C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe

Da**d XP. I upgraded to have faster reaction times. Now I think Tribes 2
can't be run on XP
Frank

"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 3jf7j$oae$1@titan.btinternet.com...

> "Zappa" <Zappa@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> All,
>>

>> I've upgraded from 98 to XP and now I can't run my Tribes 2. Program
>> says that my program is out of date and that there are no updates
>> available.
>>

>> Can some one please give me directions to cure this problem?
>>
>> TKS, Frank
>>

> i think this is in fact vivendi's fault.
> go to your tribes 2 folder and find the tribes2.exe and append the command
> line with -online

Related resources
April 13, 2005 8:11:22 PM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:36:46 -0400, "Zappa" <Zappa@nospam.net> wrote:

>All,
>

>I’ve upgraded from 98 to XP and now I can’t run my Tribes 2. Program says
>that my program is out of date and that there are no updates available.
>

>Can some one please give me directions to cure this problem?
>
>TKS, Frank

That's not an XP problem, that's a Vivendi Universal Games problem.
The Bastards.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:12:35 -0400, Zappa wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Adrian. Sorry but I don't know how to do what you
> suggest. My command
> line is C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe

Alter that shortcut to point to the Tribes2 exe file, instead of
"SierraUp.exe", and add " -online" (minus quotes) after the exe.

> Da**d XP.

Personally, I say "What's XP?"

> I upgraded to have faster reaction times.

That's the oddest reason for upgrading an operating system.

> Now I think Tribes 2 can't be run on XP

Well, if you alter the shortcut as you've been told/shown, you'll get T2
running again.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Zappa wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Adrian. Sorry but I don't know how to do what you
> suggest. My command
> line is C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe

Okay, find the shortcut on your desktop or whereever, rightclick, go to
Properties, and then the "Shortcut" tab. In the line where you see that
C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\...etc, add -online to the end of it.

That should do it, if the -online thing works.

If it doesn't, try reinstalling it.

> Da**d XP. I upgraded to have faster reaction times. Now I think Tribes 2
> can't be run on XP

Yes it can. It's not like you're the first person to upgrade to XP :)
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:01:47 AM

Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:425d6079$0$327
$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

>> I upgraded to have faster reaction times.
>
> That's the oddest reason for upgrading an operating system.

Hehe, yep. I upgrade to trade one set of bugs for a different, brand new
set of bugs.

Looks like Zappa got bitten by an old updater bug that will never be fixed.
(It gets the comparison wrong when comparing the current and available
versions on the web page to the currently installed version.)

I also add my username and password to the shortcut so I can skip the login
screen.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:07:16 AM

Also, in addition to other advice, install DefenseTurret:

http://themasters.co.za/defenseturret/defenseturret.mht...

A lot of pubs require it to play, and using its shortcut instead of the one
with the broken updater will bypass the updater and invoke T2 properly.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 1:13:42 PM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:01:47 -0500, ScratchMonkey wrote:

> Hehe, yep. I upgrade to trade one set of bugs for a different, brand new
> set of bugs.

Hehe... I don't. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 2:14:10 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:00:30 -0500, Quixote wrote:

> Defense turret is good, its a small program, and it prevents cheats. No
> reason not to install it.
>
> Quixote

.... other than it can cause instabilities.

Well, more than usual anyway.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 6:47:25 PM

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:00:30 -0500, Quixote wrote:
>
>> Defense turret is good, its a small program, and it prevents cheats. No
>> reason not to install it.
>>
>> Quixote
>
> ... other than it can cause instabilities.
>
> Well, more than usual anyway.

Not for me. I could tell no difference with my setup, of course mileage
does vary....

Quixote
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:51:46 PM

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in news:115ti6dga8ja569
@corp.supernews.com:

>> ... other than it can cause instabilities.
>>
>> Well, more than usual anyway.
>>

> Not for me. I could tell no difference with my setup, of course mileage
> does vary....

Check out Rodent's .plan posted here:

http://dt.nope.org/

He explains some brain damage in T2 and his work in DT to fix it. It
doesn't make T2 more stable but it handles the UE better.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:54:29 PM

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

> "Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:00:30 -0500, Quixote wrote:
>>
>>> Defense turret is good, its a small program, and it prevents cheats. No
>>> reason not to install it.
>>>
>>> Quixote
>>
>> ... other than it can cause instabilities.
>>
>> Well, more than usual anyway.
>>

> Not for me. I could tell no difference with my setup,

i had no problems either.

but of course, it might crash t2, but is that really such a bad thing?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:55:57 AM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:47:25 -0500, Quixote wrote:

> Not for me. I could tell no difference with my setup

It crashed as normal? ;)

> of course mileage does vary....

Yup. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
April 15, 2005 4:04:55 AM

> Defense turret is good, its a small program, and it prevents cheats. No
> reason not to install it.
>
> Quixote

Okay, I'll get that, but for the already-installed T2. :)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 15, 2005 4:07:13 AM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> i had no problems either.
>
> but of course, it might crash t2, but is that really such a bad thing?

Pfhhht, sneezing can crash T2..........

*POW!* Back to the desktop with no warning.

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 15, 2005 4:07:14 AM

On 15 Apr 2005 00:07:13 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Adrian Ng wrote:
>> i had no problems either.
>>
>> but of course, it might crash t2, but is that really such a bad thing?
>

> Pfhhht, sneezing can crash T2..........
>
> *POW!* Back to the desktop with no warning.

Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!

I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
unexpected.

What did I say? What did I do?

Female Unhandled Exception Error.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in

> And okay, I'll admit it: not only was getting used to XP easy, I
> actually see the advantages of it and LIKE it. (Don't have the big
> one, Troy!! LOL)

There are reasons to hate XP, but usability isn't one of them. ;)

I'm running 2k at home and XP Pro at the office, and figure one of these
days I'll buy a copy of XP Pro to upgrade the home machine, but the $200
price tag is a bit hard to swallow.
April 15, 2005 9:53:49 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On 15 Apr 2005 00:07:13 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Adrian Ng wrote:
>>> i had no problems either.
>>>
>>> but of course, it might crash t2, but is that really such a bad
>>> thing?
>>

>> Pfhhht, sneezing can crash T2..........
>>
>> *POW!* Back to the desktop with no warning.
>
> Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!
>
> I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
> Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
> unexpected.
>
> What did I say? What did I do?
>
> Female Unhandled Exception Error.

ROFL

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

April 15, 2005 10:58:09 AM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:55:49 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
>
>> And okay, I'll admit it: not only was getting used to XP easy, I
>> actually see the advantages of it and LIKE it. (Don't have the big
>> one, Troy!! LOL)
>
>There are reasons to hate XP, but usability isn't one of them. ;)
>
>I'm running 2k at home and XP Pro at the office, and figure one of these
>days I'll buy a copy of XP Pro to upgrade the home machine, but the $200
>price tag is a bit hard to swallow.

You can get an OEM copy for $130-ish, but you have to buy a piece of
hardware. Which, for a true geek isn't like a compulsory activity, but
a bonus!

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...

ZipZoomFly is one of my very preferred online retailers. Everything is
free FedEx 2nd Day, and the prices aren't bloated to swallow the
shipping, either.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:08:28 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

> Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!

T2's actually enjoyable... still?

> I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
> Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
> unexpected.
>
> What did I say? What did I do?
>
> Female Unhandled Exception Error.

So get out the fixing stick.

.... actually, forget I just said that.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
April 16, 2005 3:59:52 AM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:59:51 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:08:28 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!
>
>T2's actually enjoyable... still?

Yeah, actually. Though tarnished and aging, it's still fun. Even on a
pub.

>> I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
>> Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
>> unexpected.
>>
>> What did I say? What did I do?
>>
>> Female Unhandled Exception Error.
>
>So get out the fixing stick.

>... actually, forget I just said that.

Which is more important, the length or girth of the fixing stick?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 17, 2005 11:29:35 AM

"ScratchMonkey" <scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
>">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
>
>> And okay, I'll admit it: not only was getting used to XP easy, I
>> actually see the advantages of it and LIKE it. (Don't have the big
>> one, Troy!! LOL)
>
> There are reasons to hate XP, but usability isn't one of them. ;)
>
> I'm running 2k at home and XP Pro at the office, and figure one of these
> days I'll buy a copy of XP Pro to upgrade the home machine, but the $200
> price tag is a bit hard to swallow.

The year XP debuted my hubby got it for me as a birthday
present. I only needed the upgrade, but it was still $100 then.
That turned out to be the WORST present I ever received.
Talk about reformat from hell. But since then, I've learned to
install upgrades on top of fresh installs to avoid troubles I don't
want to deal with. If I ever get around to reformatting my desktop,
I'll go ahead and upgrade both personal desktop pcs to XP.
But shoot, I hate to think of how many updates it would take
to get current. Ish.

Better Idea: Buy two new desktop systems. :D

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, needing a loan......

April 17, 2005 11:35:16 AM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote...
> You can get an OEM copy for $130-ish, but you have to buy a piece of
> hardware. Which, for a true geek isn't like a compulsory activity, but
> a bonus!
>
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...
>
> ZipZoomFly is one of my very preferred online retailers. Everything is
> free FedEx 2nd Day, and the prices aren't bloated to swallow the
> shipping, either.

Good stuff! One question, though- what is a "non-peripheral computer
hardware component"? Would a hard drive qualify?

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 17, 2005 11:46:11 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:08:28 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!
>
> T2's actually enjoyable... still?
>
>> I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
>> Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
>> unexpected.
>>
>> What did I say? What did I do?
>>
>> Female Unhandled Exception Error.
>
> So get out the fixing stick.

> ... actually, forget I just said that.

Nuh-uh. No way! That's the best grin I've had in days. :D

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 17, 2005 11:47:17 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:59:51 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> So get out the fixing stick.

>> ... actually, forget I just said that.
>
> Which is more important, the length or girth of the fixing stick?

Do ya *really* want to know? ;)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 17, 2005 12:00:49 PM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Mr K wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:08:28 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, but between the Unhandled Exceptions... Sheer joy!
>>
>> T2's actually enjoyable... still?
>>
>>> I liken it to my married life. Everythings great, everythings good.
>>> Then there's that sudden shift in the mood. Unexplained and
>>> unexpected.
>>>
>>> What did I say? What did I do?
>>>
>>> Female Unhandled Exception Error.
>>
>> So get out the fixing stick.

>> ... actually, forget I just said that.
>

> Nuh-uh. No way! That's the best grin I've had in days. :D

say...this wouldn't be one of those "innuendos" now, would it?
April 17, 2005 12:06:29 PM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Mr K wrote:

>>> T2's actually enjoyable... still?

>>> So get out the fixing stick.

>>> ... actually, forget I just said that.
>>

>> Nuh-uh. No way! That's the best grin I've had in days. :D
>

> say...this wouldn't be one of those "innuendos" now, would it?

Big 10-4, good buddy!

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, taking a 10-100

April 17, 2005 4:01:18 PM

On 17 Apr 2005 07:47:17 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:59:51 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> So get out the fixing stick.

>>> ... actually, forget I just said that.
>>
>> Which is more important, the length or girth of the fixing stick?
>

> Do ya *really* want to know? ;)

Wouldn't have asked if I couldn't take the answer. :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 17, 2005 4:01:58 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:00:49 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Mr K wrote:

>>> T2's actually enjoyable... still?

>>> So get out the fixing stick.

>>> ... actually, forget I just said that.
>>

>> Nuh-uh. No way! That's the best grin I've had in days. :D
>

>say...this wouldn't be one of those "innuendos" now, would it?

Innuendo, out-you-window, whatever it takes.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 17, 2005 4:03:21 PM

On 17 Apr 2005 07:35:16 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote...
>> You can get an OEM copy for $130-ish, but you have to buy a piece of
>> hardware. Which, for a true geek isn't like a compulsory activity, but
>> a bonus!
>>
>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...
>>
>> ZipZoomFly is one of my very preferred online retailers. Everything is
>> free FedEx 2nd Day, and the prices aren't bloated to swallow the
>> shipping, either.
>

> Good stuff! One question, though- what is a "non-peripheral computer
>hardware component"? Would a hard drive qualify?

RAM, Hard Drive, Motherboard are "non-peripheral".

A printer, digital camera, external zip drive are peripheral
components.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 18, 2005 10:51:06 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2005 07:47:17 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Smeghead wrote:

>>> Which is more important, the length or girth of the fixing stick?
>>

>> Do ya *really* want to know? ;)
>
> Wouldn't have asked if I couldn't take the answer. :)

It's what you *do* with it that matters. :D

(But a nice girth is always appreciated!)

Honestly, length means *nothing*, unless it's too *long*. Then
it's no fun at all. When we women talk "girl talk", we all say we'd
run away if a guy dropped trou and something much over 6" fell out.

(If you guys want to know why, and you're all over 18, I'll tell ya.
But I think most of you older guys can figure it out.)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, always helpful

April 18, 2005 10:55:12 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2005 07:35:16 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote...
>>> You can get an OEM copy for $130-ish, but you have to buy a piece of
>>> hardware. Which, for a true geek isn't like a compulsory activity,
>>> but a bonus!
>>>
>>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...
>>>
>>> ZipZoomFly is one of my very preferred online retailers. Everything
>>> is free FedEx 2nd Day, and the prices aren't bloated to swallow the
>>> shipping, either.
>>

>> Good stuff! One question, though- what is a "non-peripheral
>> computer hardware component"? Would a hard drive qualify?
>
> RAM, Hard Drive, Motherboard are "non-peripheral".
>
> A printer, digital camera, external zip drive are peripheral
> components.

That's what I wanted to be sure of- I thought so but I've been known
to have more than the *occassional* brain fart!

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 18, 2005 11:00:07 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2005 07:35:16 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote...
>>> You can get an OEM copy for $130-ish, but you have to buy a piece of
>>> hardware. Which, for a true geek isn't like a compulsory activity,
>>> but a bonus!
>>>
>>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...
>>>
>>> ZipZoomFly is one of my very preferred online retailers. Everything
>>> is free FedEx 2nd Day, and the prices aren't bloated to swallow the
>>> shipping, either.
>>

>> Good stuff! One question, though- what is a "non-peripheral
>> computer hardware component"? Would a hard drive qualify?
>
> RAM, Hard Drive, Motherboard are "non-peripheral".
>
> A printer, digital camera, external zip drive are peripheral
> components.

That's what I wanted to be sure of- I thought so but I've been known
to have more than the *occassional* brain fart!

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 18, 2005 6:16:24 PM

Randy Graham's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> It would appear that you think this is all about you. You do realize
> that for most men you're just a substitute for a hand?

So is that why some men say "Get me a beer", because they are treating the
woman much like a hand?
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:37:54 PM

On 18 Apr 2005 06:51:06 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> It's what you *do* with it that matters. :D
>
> (But a nice girth is always appreciated!)
>
> Honestly, length means *nothing*, unless it's too *long*. Then
> it's no fun at all. When we women talk "girl talk", we all say we'd
> run away if a guy dropped trou and something much over 6" fell out.

*RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!*

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:37:55 PM

> On 18 Apr 2005 06:51:06 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> It's what you *do* with it that matters. :D
>>
>> (But a nice girth is always appreciated!)
>>
>> Honestly, length means *nothing*, unless it's too *long*. Then
>> it's no fun at all. When we women talk "girl talk", we all say we'd
>> run away if a guy dropped trou and something much over 6" fell out.
>
> *RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!*
>
> --
> "There's violence to be done."
> R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

ha--ha!
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:06:31 AM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

> RAM, Hard Drive, Motherboard are "non-peripheral".
>
> A printer, digital camera, external zip drive are peripheral
> components.

You think this would qualify? :D

http://www.a1-
electronics.net/PcHardware/Various/2004/Thermtake_Xray_June.shtml
April 19, 2005 2:19:07 AM

>^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> And okay, I'll admit it: not only was getting used to XP easy, I
> actually
> see the advantages of it and LIKE it. (Don't have the big one, Troy!! LOL)

Here I was, all ready to join Elizabeth. :)

--
Troy
April 19, 2005 3:17:14 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>electronics.net/PcHardware/Various/2004/Thermtake_Xray_June.shtml

HA! That's rich!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 19, 2005 10:46:41 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2005 06:51:06 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> It's what you *do* with it that matters. :D
>>
>> (But a nice girth is always appreciated!)
>>
>> Honestly, length means *nothing*, unless it's too *long*. Then
>> it's no fun at all. When we women talk "girl talk", we all say we'd
>> run away if a guy dropped trou and something much over 6" fell out.
>
> *RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!*

I *knew* there was something about you that would make
a very interesting photo study.

Shuck your britches while I load film...............................

;)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle "Who needs Randy?" Smith

April 19, 2005 10:48:01 AM

Troy wrote:
>> ^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> And okay, I'll admit it: not only was getting used to XP easy, I
>> actually
>> see the advantages of it and LIKE it. (Don't have the big one,
>> Troy!! LOL)
>
> Here I was, all ready to join Elizabeth. :)

LOL Dang, is that still in syndication?

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 19, 2005 10:54:28 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0500, ScratchMonkey
> <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>
>> electronics.net/PcHardware/Various/2004/Thermtake_Xray_June.shtml
>
> HA! That's rich!

Say, this is a useful thingie! The cup holder looks like an ashtray to me....

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 19, 2005 9:45:02 PM

On 19 Apr 2005 06:46:41 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> I *knew* there was something about you that would make
> a very interesting photo study.

Er... ok.

> Shuck your britches while I load film...............................

.... "Move your trousers while I load film"?

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:31:52 AM

> Say, this is a useful thingie! The cup holder looks like an
> ashtray to me....

It's probably not PC to admit to that so it's billed as a beverage holder.
April 20, 2005 2:06:40 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:31:52 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
>
>> Say, this is a useful thingie! The cup holder looks like an
>> ashtray to me....
>
>It's probably not PC to admit to that so it's billed as a beverage holder.

What a backasswards world we live in where you can't say something is
an ashtray, but you can tout the cigarette lighter not 5cm to the left
of the "beverage holder".

I would like to think that it really IS a cup holder, since that's the
ages old tech support joke. And that we haven't slipped into an
absolute mire of Orwellian newspeak.

But then, what's a lighter without an ashtray?

Gee, thanks, Miracle! You have me arguing with myself!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
April 20, 2005 10:34:32 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2005 06:46:41 GMT, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> I *knew* there was something about you that would make
>> a very interesting photo study.
>
> Er... ok.
>
>> Shuck your britches while I load
>> film...............................
>
> ... "Move your trousers while I load film"?

Methinks something got lost in the translation......

"Shuck" means "remove", as in shucking corn husks.

As if you didn't know that. ;)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

April 20, 2005 10:35:15 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
>
>> Say, this is a useful thingie! The cup holder looks like an
>> ashtray to me....
>
> It's probably not PC to admit to that so it's billed as a beverage
> holder.

Ah, it must be manufactored in California. ;)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

April 20, 2005 10:35:16 AM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4265f823$1_4
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

>> It's probably not PC to admit to that so it's billed as a beverage
>> holder.
>

> Ah, it must be manufactored in California. ;)

No doubt. That thing next to it is in fact a "12vdc outlet", with its child
safety plug in place. (Which reminds me of a marvelous Larry Niven short
story called "The Deadlier Weapon" in which a guy having a bad day is
carjacked, and ends up scaring the beejeesus out of the carjacker. A
memorable moment is when he uses his car's cigarette lighter on the
'jacker's nose.)
April 20, 2005 10:37:15 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> What a backasswards world we live in where you can't say something is
> an ashtray, but you can tout the cigarette lighter not 5cm to the left
> of the "beverage holder".
>
> I would like to think that it really IS a cup holder, since that's the
> ages old tech support joke. And that we haven't slipped into an
> absolute mire of Orwellian newspeak.
>
> But then, what's a lighter without an ashtray?
>
> Gee, thanks, Miracle! You have me arguing with myself!

Happy to help! Senility isn't reserved just for us over fifty!
:D