hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i
don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that
the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

Hello,
right click on "My Computer" > properties > hardware tab > device manager
Expand "sounds, video and game controllers"
Any yellow question marks or exclaimation marks next to your sound card?
right click your sound card > properties
Does the device status say "this device is working properly"
From here you can try the troubleshooter, update the driver (if you know the
card and have the driver)

You may find some tips here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

Also when did the problem start? After installing a program, updating
software, repairing XP? What sound card?
The more info you give the easier it is to troubleshoot

Hope this helps

"EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM" wrote:

> hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i
> don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that
> the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
> card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

We will need to know what sound card you have installed in your system.
Depending on what card you have, you may need to reinstall the drivers,
uninstall, the reinstall, or install a completely different set of drivers
(for example, if you have on-board sound).

Let us know.

courtney

"EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM" <EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9BB7DBEB-775B-44A2-ABB5-077D1D3BC460@microsoft.com...
> hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said
> that i
> don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said
> that
> the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
> card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:40:01 +0100, EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM wrote
(in article <9BB7DBEB-775B-44A2-ABB5-077D1D3BC460@microsoft.com>):

> hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i

> don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that

> the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
> card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

Is English a second or third language for you? If so, may I suggest that you
try posting your question in a news group dedicated to your native language?
I say this not to insult or offend, but rather to point out that you're not
likely to get much help, if no one can understand what you're saying or
asking.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you start by reposting in standard English, complete
with paragraphs, sentences, capital letters where appropriate, and
punctuation. As it is, your post is quite indecipherable: some of the words
used are from the English language, but are completely meaningless as
currently assembled.

Help us help you:

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network

(800) 592-7827

Hogwasher, Premier News and Mail for OS X
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html