no sound

hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i
don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that
the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!
3 answers Last reply
More about sound

    Hello,
    right click on "My Computer" > properties > hardware tab > device manager
    Expand "sounds, video and game controllers"
    Any yellow question marks or exclaimation marks next to your sound card?
    right click your sound card > properties
    Does the device status say "this device is working properly"
    From here you can try the troubleshooter, update the driver (if you know the
    card and have the driver)

    You may find some tips here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

    Also when did the problem start? After installing a program, updating
    software, repairing XP? What sound card?
    The more info you give the easier it is to troubleshoot

    Hope this helps

    "EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM" wrote:

    > hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i
    > don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that
    > the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
    > card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

    We will need to know what sound card you have installed in your system.
    Depending on what card you have, you may need to reinstall the drivers,
    uninstall, the reinstall, or install a completely different set of drivers
    (for example, if you have on-board sound).

    Let us know.

    courtney

    "EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM" <EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:9BB7DBEB-775B-44A2-ABB5-077D1D3BC460@microsoft.com...
    > hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said
    > that i
    > don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said
    > that
    > the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
    > card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

    x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
    x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:40:01 +0100, EBQUEEN_03HOTMAIL.COM wrote
    (in article <9BB7DBEB-775B-44A2-ABB5-077D1D3BC460@microsoft.com>):

    > hello, friends my name is nilda i have a problem with my sound it said that i

    > don't have an audio divice when i open it the windows pop a display said that

    > the winwows connot play the sound window xp defaut wave. because my sound
    > card may be in use. THANKS A LOT!

    Is English a second or third language for you? If so, may I suggest that you
    try posting your question in a news group dedicated to your native language?
    I say this not to insult or offend, but rather to point out that you're not
    likely to get much help, if no one can understand what you're saying or
    asking.

    Otherwise, I'd suggest you start by reposting in standard English, complete
    with paragraphs, sentences, capital letters where appropriate, and
    punctuation. As it is, your post is quite indecipherable: some of the words
    used are from the English language, but are completely meaningless as
    currently assembled.

    Help us help you:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Otherwise, you might as well try here:

    Psychic Friends Network

    (800) 592-7827

    Hogwasher, Premier News and Mail for OS X
    http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html

Microsoft Windows XP