pink shadows???

robing

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Having upgraded from an X850 XT PE I decided to purchase an HD2900XT as it was roughly equivalent to a 640MB GTS 8800 and cheaper. I purchased an hd2900 and was suddenly dipleased when I had to wait a week on an adaptor cable arriving as it needs two. Everything seemed fine but one day I decided to try a game of inkball only to find that when the ball dissappeared down the hole the ball lit up pink. Just a little curious I let that go.
Then I purchased a new setup (q6600, striker extreme, etc...) only to find that I keep getting a new hardware found dialog in XP and even cat 8.4 cant download the driver for it. Now when XP starts up the welcome screen lights the welcome bit bright pink.
HIS want the product code and serial no. but the card is in the PC I am using now, how can I tell if its hardware or software related?

Thanks

Robin

Did you get the female version? J/K. OK, uninstall the driver? Redownload it? Then see what happens. If that doesnt work, try using driver cleaner, follow the instructions, and then redownload/install a new driver. Thats the best way, since drivers are of course software. Let us know how its going