For you T1 players...

What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
is besides 5 on 5.

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:21:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
>is besides 5 on 5.
>
>Quixote

Never heard of it, Quix.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of
"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man,
this is f*ed up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it
> actually is besides 5 on 5.
>
> Quixote

spawnctf, basically.

--
Adept

"DEbig3" <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of
> "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man,
> this is f*ed up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:
>
>> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it
>> actually is besides 5 on 5.
>>
>> Quixote
>>

> spawnctf, basically.

Thx Db3.

Quixote

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Smeghead wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:21:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it
>> actually is besides 5 on 5.
>>
>> Quixote
>>

> Never heard of it, Quix.

Me either. Had no clue until I read Biggie's reply.

--

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
> is besides 5 on 5.
>
> Quixote

a mod where you can only play in spawn gear.

ajc

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
> is besides 5 on 5.
>
> Quixote

As far as I can recall it's lights only, no turrets/heavies/invs/mediums/etc
etc - you get disc/cg/gren launcher and an e pack.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:22:04 +1000, "ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
>> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
>> is besides 5 on 5.
>>
>> Quixote
>>

>As far as I can recall it's lights only, no turrets/heavies/invs/mediums/etc
>etc - you get disc/cg/gren launcher and an e pack.

....and it's only deathmatch in tight-corridored indoor maps. :)

What a whacky mod. I play Tribes to play Tribes.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:22:04 +1000, "ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
>>> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it
>>> actually
>>> is besides 5 on 5.
>>>
>>> Quixote
>>>

>>As far as I can recall it's lights only, no
>>turrets/heavies/invs/mediums/etc
>>etc - you get disc/cg/gren launcher and an e pack.
>>

> ...and it's only deathmatch in tight-corridored indoor maps. :)
>
> What a whacky mod. I play Tribes to play Tribes.

then you aren't playing a mod.
then you have no cause for complain.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:20:24 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:22:04 +1000, "ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

>>>As far as I can recall it's lights only, no
>>>turrets/heavies/invs/mediums/etc
>>>etc - you get disc/cg/gren launcher and an e pack.
>>>

>> ...and it's only deathmatch in tight-corridored indoor maps. :)
>>
>> What a whacky mod. I play Tribes to play Tribes.
>>

>then you aren't playing a mod.
>then you have no cause for complain.

You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three
weeks and the heels are worn right through.

If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.

Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of
this office.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Randy Graham" <ragmanx@spamex.com> wrote in message
> Yes, that was cathartic. No, I don't think anyone will read it all.

Nice read.

Quixote

Quixote wrote:
> "Randy Graham" <ragmanx@spamex.com> wrote in message
>
>>Yes, that was cathartic. No, I don't think anyone will read it all.
>
> Nice read.

Dito.

Please pardon our blathering on, though.
--
Frank

Quixote <quixote@writeme.com> wrote:

> What is LT mod for T1? I cannot seem to find any info on what it actually
> is besides 5 on 5.

Well, it's not necessarily 5v5 (although LT pick-up matches are often
played as such).

It's basically a bunch of maps that have been edited in such a way that:

o you spawn as usual (base), but with an energy pack, a grenade launcher
(in place of a blaster), hand grenades, a targetting laser, and
beacons;
o you generally cannot go inside buildings (to hide with the flag, say),
since inside areas are blocked off;
o you cannot visit inventories; and
o there are no turrets whatsoever.

(I may have missed something, but I'm half-asleep here. :)

I, personally, enjoy it, and play it pretty much every day.

Smeghead <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ...and it's only deathmatch in tight-corridored indoor maps. :)

All the LT maps I've ever played are out in the open. They're basically
the usual maps, but edited slightly (to remove entries to bases, turrets,
etc.). (e.g. Raindance, Dangerous Crossing, Snowblind, IceRidge,
StoneHenge, etc.)

Smeghead <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ...and it's only deathmatch in tight-corridored indoor maps. :)

I believe you're thinking of Arena.

Latest posts