Hello

This is kind annoying! I open a web page and copy a portion of the web
page and then I open word and click paste and the icon is grayed out! The
only way I can paste is if I go back and recopy the section that im coping.

Can someone help :-<

Thanks

try it with both programs opened - Word and whatever you're using for web
design.

You may want to use Notepad anyway, that way it dumps all the formatting and
gives you a cleaner transfer for web work.

"Ryan Close" <ryan_close@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> This is kind annoying! I open a web page and copy a portion of the web
> page and then I open word and click paste and the icon is grayed out! The
> only way I can paste is if I go back and recopy the section that im
> coping.
>
> Can someone help :-<
>

> Thanks

In Word choose Edit - Paste Special ... and you can choose just the text sans formatting. This shows all clipboard formats available that word can handle. Often posting into Word and then copying from Word to the clipboard will increase the number of formats available (the copying program decides what formats to put up on the clipboard) which is a good way of converting file formats when copying and pasting (eg can't paste bitmaps into OE).

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message news:OikrL9RnFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> try it with both programs opened - Word and whatever you're using for web
> design.
>
> You may want to use Notepad anyway, that way it dumps all the formatting and
> gives you a cleaner transfer for web work.
>

> "Ryan Close" <ryan_close@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> This is kind annoying! I open a web page and copy a portion of the web
>> page and then I open word and click paste and the icon is grayed out! The
>> only way I can paste is if I go back and recopy the section that im
>> coping.
>>
>> Can someone help :-<
>>

>> Thanks

Yep. That works too. So will drag & drop into FP from Word (oddly enough)
it's pretty clean.