System Registration Missing or Corrupt

mflanagan

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I added a new WD HDD today and downloaded WD's Acronis software to clone the smaller (original drive) to the new larger drive. Several attempts to clone failed. I was receiving a pop up windows warning that "search" or something to that effect was no working properly. I executed the diagnostic which failed and contained a that it might fix itself, or I could troubleshoot a problem with my computer's hard disk. The troubleshoot instructions read that "Windows isn't able to open a file on your computer's hard disk. This might be a temporary condition that could go away after restarting your computer, or it could be a more serious problem with your hard disk or its driver. To troubleshoot this problem, follow these steps:
-Restart your computer
-Run the hard disk error checking tool
- blah.......

I restarted the computer and recieved the following message...

"Status OxcOOOOOe9"
"Info Windows faile to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt"

The fix, according to this screen is to insert my original Windows Vista disk. I don't have the disk!

Is there anyway to get beyond this window? I tried the option of loading windows in the last success boot but it just returned me to this screen.

Suggestions please