partitioning a 320 Gig HD???

Cabt

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
hi all. I'm a Newbie doing a new build after my old Dell uh...took a lightning strike. In any event. I built my new rig and used my old Dell XP install disk and the first thing it asked me to do was partition the HS at 130 or 180 Gig can't recall. In any event, as I have not been able to get back to it since the install completed was this a mistake to do and will windows actually see the full drive size. If not what do I need to do to fix this. Many thanks!!

-Clayton

kwanasek

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management.

From there you can partition, activate partition, change drive letters, and format.

kwanasek

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Dude, did you not see my last post?
If you don't know how to get to Control Panel, take your PC into the local computer shop.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006

you dont have to uninstall XP, you can use the Acronis Trueimage software to set your partitions. just get the free 15 day trial.

Cabt

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Tippo help! Installed Acronis and not knowing what I was doing I set teh safe zone to like 95% of my harddrive and now I can't get the damn software off my computer. I even tried to restore to two days ago and it is still there. When I go into system in xp it shows acronis as my hard drive instead of the drive. Ahhhhh!

Cabt

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Update: Uninstalled Acronis and while uninstalling it asks how you want to reassign the hardrive parameters (either back to the way it was prior to installation or any other combonation). So I was able to repartition back to one full drive.

Thanks to all.

TRENDING THREADS