new computer reboots constantly

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2008 9:55:30 PM

Ok so I have this problem.. I just built a new system today figuring everything would run fine together
But when I booted up the computer for the first time the thing just reboots in a constant loop.. every 5 sec or so..
What could be the reason for this? It seems as though I have tried everything.. removed networkcard, graphic card, all excess components to eleminate the problem.. But still no luck, It seems as though I have installed the cpu corretly.. I places the yellow triangle closest to the pin used to close/open the slot and then close the lid and locked it with the pin, After that I applied a thin layer of thermal paste and then places the stock cpu cooler ontop.. required a bit of force but I got it locked down at last...
If you guys have any solution for this problem I would be very happy..

psu: Enermax 650w
motherboard: Gigabyte-x48-DQ6
processor: Quad-Core Xeon X3350
graphic: Sparkle 8800GT passive
drive: Western Digital SE15 5000AAKS

More about : computer reboots constantly

June 13, 2008 12:36:53 PM

Try each stick of ram in each of the slots, if there's any in there. Once the pc posts, go to bios, increase memery (DDR2) voltage to 2.1v or +0.3v. The default is 1.8v, not enough for some ram.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2008 6:18:18 PM

Hi, I have found out that whenever I have the graphic card inserted the thing have the loop issue.. but when I remove the graphic card it stays alive and beeps 8 times.. the error code for not having the card in.. then dies..

could it be that my powersupply just cant handle it and that I need another one?
Related resources
June 13, 2008 7:54:45 PM

mmmm i doubt it 650 should be enough for that build. i dont know how much the xeon processors pull in the way of power but it should'nt be enough to make that big of a difference. try a different gpu.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2008 9:19:01 PM

I already tried a brand new gpu.. still same problem :( 
June 14, 2008 11:52:59 AM

Enermax is far from crap. I think it may be a simple overlooked thing. Double-check all connections. The 8800GT needs a 6-pin power plug from PSU. I suggest you look at the manual for all the connections/pins. Don't bother with the other sections like BIOS/RAID. Get the pc up & running 1st. If you can't figure it out, check out youtube for "diy pc". Or even lug the pc to a computer store for a quick checkup.
!