Sign in with
Your question

Computer skips bios restarts at xp logo

Last response: in Windows XP
August 22, 2010 9:30:05 AM

Hello,
as above, pentium 4 windoiws xp black screen on startup cannot see bios menu or get to safe mode. restarts on loading the xp bar

August 22, 2010 9:36:25 AM

It cannot skip the BIOS, unless it is in hibernate and you are waking it up.

Turn off computer, hold power button for 5 or more seconds to kill. Re-start and see what happens then.
August 22, 2010 9:45:03 AM

well, i dont see bios page any more. black screen when it boots then just skips straight to xp logo then restarts. aint used computer in two years.
Related resources
August 22, 2010 9:49:46 AM

Sometimes, the BIOS will have a setting choice to show the boot sequence details, or not to show it.

You need to access the BIOS setup and check on that.
August 22, 2010 10:02:29 AM

I cannot acess bios though, screen is pitch black. i press f8\f11 still black. any ideas ?
August 22, 2010 2:53:22 PM

Make & model of computer?
August 22, 2010 6:50:45 PM

cainey said:
I cannot acess bios though, screen is pitch black. i press f8\f11 still black. any ideas ?

Try F2 or Delete. How long does all this blackness last?

August 22, 2010 7:01:56 PM

Saga Lout said:
Try F2 or Delete. How long does all this blackness last?

If he says "all night" then we're on to something. :lol: 

and... which one are you answering? There's two of these guys, like a lot of twins in that part of the world.
August 23, 2010 6:20:49 AM

tigsounds said:
If he says "all night" then we're on to something. :lol: 

and... which one are you answering? There's two of these guys, like a lot of twins in that part of the world.

[#0005ff]There's a few of these around. Perhaps his battery has gone through the point at which it can pass power through so he could try removing that. Maybe his power charger has gone West (South in America, I believe) or teh CMOS battery has failed - difficult in some laptops.[/#000ff]
!