GeForce7050m.... Won't take 2gb ram

zab911

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hello everyone... Help needed pleasee.............

I just 2gb ram both are 1GB Dual CH (4-4-4) PC2 6400

When i put any one of them on the MB (GeForce 7050m) the pc runs fine.. But when i add both then the fans and everything turns on but the monitor won't go and .... Again when i put one in any slot .. works fine again but won't take them together ... Please let know what to do?? thanksss in advance...

Gravemind123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
What ram is it? The memory may be defective or it may need more voltage then default to run in dual-channel mode. Have you run memtest86 on each stick individually to see if it passes? Be sure you are running them at the manufacturer's rated voltage.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
sounds like one of the modules could be crapping out. first make sure that you have the proper voltages for the modules, and if anything, set it slighty higher, by .1volts. check that the timings are what your ram is rated for. if anything try loosening them.

but before you do any of it. run the memtest86+ on each module and two at the same time. also try to change the slots if possible.

zab911

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
ok guys i did the memtest86 everything is fine with the ram it's a OCZRam ...
other thing is i have no idea how to up my volt.... :( i been in and out of bios and have no clue...

zab911

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
a see a options telling me to chaneg the timing in the chipset menu.. there are options like 3CLK, 4 5 6 7CLK....

anyidea if thats the way to change volt..

Gravemind123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
That is the latency of the memory, which you could always put slightly higher to see if you can get stability, memory voltage should be labeled as memory voltage in BIOS somewhere, but I don't know what board you have and unless it has similar BIOS layout to one I've used I can't help you with that.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
if you could tell your your mobo model, then maybe we could find out and tell you where to change the voltage for the ram. and recently i had to rma my ocz ram because of errors with one of the modules. the strange thing was that if both sticks were in, it showed me problems in test 7 or 8. BUT if i did the memtest on each modules, they both passed just fine with zero error. not for a half an hour but 6 hours of testing. so maybe you are showing the same signs. but ram will have trouble if it's not up to the right voltage. when i first put th memory in, the mobo defualted it back to cl5 latency because it also defaulted the volage to 1.8. the ram neeeds 2.1ghz to run at the cas4 latency. who knows what your mobo is doing to your modules.

TRENDING THREADS