Failed to connect UDP socket

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi all,

does anyone know how to enable or be able to connect to other machine, i
have no idea why it show me this message when i try to connect to other
via command prompt

both machine using windows xp pro, dhcp enabled

thanks
Melo

melo <melo@gmail.com> wrote:

|>Hi all,
|>
|>does anyone know how to enable or be able to connect to other machine, i
|>have no idea why it show me this message when i try to connect to other
|>via command prompt
|>
|>both machine using windows xp pro, dhcp enabled

Assuming you have another firewall running.

Try this:
Start/Run Firewall.cpl <enter> goto advanced/settings and allow
everything - the settings seem to be in effect even if the XP firewall
is disable'd.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hey , thats great advice! Maybe he should turn his anti virus off too?

Original poster: please specify how you are connecting and what the purpose
is. Windows firewall should NOT be turned off. It adds defensive depth.

You said command line. Do mean you are using net use commands?
Have you tried pinging the system? By IP and by name?

UDP is a connectionless, stateless transport and is typically used by a
program that provides its own end to end transport delivery gaurantees. Are
you using a specific command line utility?

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman
<Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message
> melo <melo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> |>Hi all,
> |>
> |>does anyone know how to enable or be able to connect to other machine, i
> |>have no idea why it show me this message when i try to connect to other
> |>via command prompt
> |>
> |>both machine using windows xp pro, dhcp enabled
>
> Assuming you have another firewall running.
>
> Try this:
> Start/Run Firewall.cpl <enter> goto advanced/settings and allow
> everything - the settings seem to be in effect even if the XP firewall
> is disable'd.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
> melo <melo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> |>Hi all,
> |>
> |>does anyone know how to enable or be able to connect to other machine, i
> |>have no idea why it show me this message when i try to connect to other
> |>via command prompt
> |>
> |>both machine using windows xp pro, dhcp enabled
>
> Assuming you have another firewall running.
>
> Try this:
> Start/Run Firewall.cpl <enter> goto advanced/settings and allow
> everything - the settings seem to be in effect even if the XP firewall
> is disable'd.

yes, i did disable the firewall, but still receive error message....thanks