Can't find recovery partition

mydragon15

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Ok I have an acer aspire 5315 and it originally had vista on it.

After a to long to explain process it went from vista to ubuntu to xp to ubuntu again.

Now that i have the computer i really want to get vista back and i read that i could just do a system recovery and that it was a hidden partition in the system.

The problem is i have tried alt-f10 and f8 and all they do is beeep and make noise but nothing happens.

I"m sorry if i sound like an idiot but does anyone know how i can get vista back, is the partition deleted, or is their a way i can force the computer to use it.

I read somewhere that the connection to the partition may need to be re-put in (not sure how to say that) but the code to do that is for windows and doesn't work in ubuntu so

All in all i just want to know am i wasting my time trying to find the recovery partition or does anyone have a way i can get to it?

Search for Partition / File recovery software

mydragon15

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
i have and for some reason after it goes through all the files it shows a
fat32 lba Hpnotebook partition but as soon as it fully finishes the file disappears and i'm not sure what it is.

There are a lot of htfs - npfs files and i can look at one of them i'm not sure but what they are in my opinion they look like they could be the windows xp partition what is left of it but i'm not sure