ECS nforce2-M motherboard?

clambob

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I work on game machines, the kind you might find in a bar. I have been repairing and rebuilding them and have run across this ECS motherboard:

nforce2-m Rev 1.0

At least, this is what it says where the name usually appears above the DIMMs. Elite group does not list this as one of their motherboards, though they do list an nforce3. It looks much like -- if not exactly like -- the N2U400-A and is a socket 462. Can't find any info on the net on this MB.

Is this a specialized board not available to the public? An attempt at contacting the tech support at ECS lead to a form which requires much info which I don't know because they don't list the board.

I would gladly try to replace with the N2U400-A if I were sure the drivers were the same, because the software is proprietary and in Linux and I have no stomach for trying to load new drivers.

Thanks in advance

clambob

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Oh yeah, I googled, yahooed, and msned it. All I could find is memory for nforce2. I can't imagine a board not on the net... but like I said, ECS doesn't even list it on their website. Their name is on it, and the model is on it right where it is supposed to be...

Maybe it's like that old commercial for "The long line of Ford trucks." They didn't show the Courrier. LOL. I guess Chevrolet wouldn't show the Luv either.

I'm guessing it's possible they were made strictly for this game machine. The game manufacturer asks a premium for it. It's just getting harder and harder to replace capacitors on the newer boards.