Skittles

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2004

I am using xp home and when I access the web for the FIRST time nothing
happens on screen but it takes several minutes for page to appear works
normal after first page is done...no pop ups happen and I have done all the
scans with nothing being found...anyone know how to fix or correct this
issue? Thanks for any advice.

hello
wat is ur machine configration

skittles wrote:
> I am using xp home and when I access the web for the FIRST time nothing
> happens on screen but it takes several minutes for page to appear works
> normal after first page is done...no pop ups happen and I have done all the
> scans with nothing being found...anyone know how to fix or correct this
> issue? Thanks for any advice.

That's because it's downloading the site to your computer....it is not
instantaneous.

Are you on dialup or broadband? Maybe it's just the nature of the web to be
slow at times.

Does this occur with every first vist to *any* site, or just particular
ones?

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:55:17 -0700, skittles wrote:

> I am using xp home and when I access the web for the FIRST time nothing
> happens on screen but it takes several minutes for page to appear works
> normal after first page is done...no pop ups happen and I have done all the
> scans with nothing being found...anyone know how to fix or correct this
> issue? Thanks for any advice.

Does any of the connection hardware go into standby? If yes, the delay may
be the hardware needing to wake up for that first connection. After that -
it's fine. Example: Some USB modems will do this. And if not the modem, the
USB connector that the modem is attached to.

Workaround 1: Using Device Manager, you can go into the properties for a
device. If a power management tab is available, you can disallow the device
going into standby state.

Workaround 2: Disable standby completely.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User