Sign in with
Your question

M3N-HT Deluxe Ramdomly won't post

Last response: in Motherboards
June 13, 2008 8:46:04 PM

Okay I am having a couple problems with my new system. The first is random locks or no posts. Here is what happens. The system starts up fine runs for a couple days then needs to be restarted for some reason (new software or something), system restarts and hangs while waiting to do memory check. If this occurs (and it's not all the time) then I have to kill the power from at the power supply. If I just hold the power button for 4 seconds and power up the system wont even post. When I use the switch on the power supply to kill the power then 50% of the time I have to go into the bios and reconfigure my HDD boot order.

The second problem I am having has to do with my LG DVD drive, which I am starting to think is a mainboard problem, it opens randomly. Most of the time it's when I am accessing my internet connection (surfing or dl'ing). I have had the drive replaced but it still does it. The drive is a SATA LG DVD±RW drive.

I have the latest bios rev, 0901, and all the newest drivers (which I know will only help in the Vista environment).

Any help would be appreciated.

AMD Athlon X2 6400+
4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 (2x2GB)
Asus M3N-HT Deluxe
2x XFX GF9600GT's Vids
74GB WD Raptor Drive
2x 250GB WD IDE Drives
Creative X-Fi Platium Soundblaster
June 14, 2008 12:28:18 PM

Unplug power cord for 1 min, clear cmos for 1 min, load defaults in bios, set up bios, increase ram voltage to 2.1v or specs, save & exit.

If random no posts occur again, unplug power cord for 1 min, plug it back in, does it post instantly?
June 15, 2008 9:44:32 PM

Thank you. This little trick worked great as I can get into my bios again. System posts pretty fast now, but I had to unplug all my peripherals. I think I maybe having problems with them and not the hardware. I am going to try running like this for a while and see if I get anymore errors.

Does anyone know what I should have for CPU Voltage, VDDA Voltage, NB BR04 Chip Voltage, 1.2V HT Voltage and NB Chip Voltage?
Related resources
June 19, 2008 4:56:05 PM

So if you can believe this, all my stability issues seem to be linked to my LG DVDRW Drive. Model G-H20L-S10 (SATA) doesn't appear to be compatible with this board. I have RMA'd (replaced) it once and still get the same issues. Without it, smooth sailing. Go figure.
October 22, 2008 3:35:30 PM

BioHazard2000 said:
So if you can believe this, all my stability issues seem to be linked to my LG DVDRW Drive. Model G-H20L-S10 (SATA) doesn't appear to be compatible with this board. I have RMA'd (replaced) it once and still get the same issues. Without it, smooth sailing. Go figure.

I've been going nuts with this board and Googled the bootup problem to find your post. I have that drive in my system and after reading your post I unplugged it. Problem solved! I tried bumping RAM to 2.1 but got the BSOD so i dropped it to 2.0 and system is stable.

Thanks!

Ken

p.s. Anyone having trouble getting the onboard ethernet connection to work on this board? I had to install a Linksys card. Just couldn't get it to work. 'Limited Connectivity'.

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI
Corsair 5-5-15 8GB
AMD Phenom 9550
XFX 8800GTX X2 (SLI)
Vista Ultimate 64
CoolerMaster Cosmos-S Case

October 23, 2008 10:32:06 AM

I didn't have any issues with the Ethernet adapter but I did have to use drivers newer then the ones that came with the board. After I installed the latest nForce driver from nVidia it was smooth sailing. I have had issues with other systems and I would try the cheapy **** first like replacing the cable and trying a different port in your router or switch. Mind you if you are getting a connection with a different card then the cable must be good.

Visually check the port on the board and see that all the little connectors line up and aren't bent. Oh and try turning off the ethernet detection in the bios. I've heard that it sometimes messes with life.
October 23, 2008 10:39:02 AM

Oh and for anyone having issues with random BSOD check to make sure you aren't using Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4-4-4-12 RAM, I was running 4GB then 8GB before I realized that it was causing my BSOD problems. I had to change to Corsair XMS2 DHX TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX 4GB DDR2 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Memory Kit to fix it. And yes I did try a different kit but instead of RMA'ing the one I had I bought a second one thinking it was just bad RAM, I would RMA the first one later. Problem is that of the 3 kits (I ended up RMA'ing) none of them worked. The RAM always tested fine it would just randomly BSOD. Crucial bad ---> Corsair good.
September 15, 2009 5:25:29 AM

Maybe someone can help on this one. I have a M3N-HT/HDMI board and 6 Gg of ram would not run at 1066 so i set the volts to 2.2 and then 2.3 computer hangs , would not post bios . so i flashed with new bios . problem is that old bios cleared and new didn't install now i just a blank screen . can some one help!!
!