MelizzaGirl

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
:sweat: HEEEELP.. here is the system im attempting to unite..
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz 800Mhz Dual
Memory: A-DATA DDR2 800 240pin 4GB Kit (2x2GB)
Video Card: Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 3650 512MB DDR2
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 500GB 32MB Cache
Power Supply: ICAN 500 Watt ATX Power Supply
Number of fans: 2 case fans (plus the cpu cooling fan)

I plugged the cord into the power supply and turn it on. everything looked and sounded as if it was up and running. Buuut when i looked at my monitor it was telling me to check the signal.. my monitor is a LCD Samsung with DVI and VGA options. i tried both connections but it keeps asking to check the signal.. any ideas? or does anyone see an issue/problem with my system in trying to connect?

any help would be great! thanks! :love:

PS i forgot to plug in the 4 pin 12v connector from the power supply.. now when i turn it on, the monitor still says to check signal.. but then after 5 seconds the computer shuts itself off.. so now i have 2 problems :(

MelizzaGirl

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

thanks for taking time to reply. my monitor isnt reciving a signal from my video card it seems tho (screen says to check signal), so i cant even see anything to access the system BIOS :(

MelizzaGirl

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

yes, the mobo LED light comes on, all the fans spin, the DVD drive works, the HD is running, the Video card fan is spinning but when i power on the monitor it says "Check Signal".. and i know the monitor works because i an using it right now, but on a different computer.

smeghead4269

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Video isn't necessarily the problem here. It's possible that the board is locking up before it gets to the POST (power on self test), and the monitor isn't getting a signal because the system is locking up before it has a signal to send.

Wolfshadw could be right about the board needing a BIOS update before it can correctly detect the CPU. This sounds especially likely considering you said it shuts off five seconds after you power on. If that happens, it's usually because the board says, "I don't see a CPU/I don't know what this CPU is. I quit." *power off*

It might not be the BIOS at all. The CPU could just be seated improperly. So try reseating it first.

MelizzaGirl

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

I tried resetting the CPU and it seems to actually stay on now. but alas, still no signal to the screen. but atleast it seems to be 1 issue resolved so thank you for that!

ps. everything is new in my computer, except the mobo i bought from a friend.. is it possible that i need to reset something on the mobo itself so it reads all the new things i put on it that is different from what was originally on it?

TRENDING THREADS