Sign in with
Your question

Piece of **** pc 4 sale

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2008 7:49:35 PM

Used to be a great pc running 2 x1950pros crossfire, installed 3870 x2, all new drivers, new install of xp 64bit, 2 weeks of trouble shooting at MSI, Toms, Sapphore, ATI, freeezes all games, Id like to shhot it with a 12 gauge... here is the turd... thing is driving me to drink!

Board: MSI K9A Platinum Crossfire ATI 3200 Chipset Bios version 1.8
RAM: 4GIG Patriot Extreme DDR2 800MHz
CPU: AMD Athlon 6400+ 64x2 3.2 GHz
Hard drives: (2) WD Caviar 250 GB
Graphics cards: (1) 3870 x 2 Sapphire
PSU: Antec TruePower Quattro 850 watt
Burners: (2) Sony/Nec 7170A
Chassis Gigabyte 3D Aurora Tower
Sound Card: Creative labs X-Fi SoundBlaster Xtreme Gamer
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Mouse: Logitek Mx518
SENNHEISER PC161 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Headset

More about : piece sale

Related resources
May 3, 2008 9:57:35 PM

update drivers, try decreasing the clock speeds
May 3, 2008 10:31:59 PM

Hes changed two things, OS and card, so I picked card. He also hasnt given any other info, so I made it short as well. When the OP wants help, he will get it
May 3, 2008 10:50:32 PM

I think he is not looking for help.
Read the title of his post
Are you selling your rig???
If yes, how much?

On the other hand, what games are you playing?
At what resolution?
AA and AF on?
Are you overclocking?
May 3, 2008 11:27:58 PM

ill give you $20 for the possesed evil pc
May 3, 2008 11:33:31 PM

You shouldnt be selling things here ;) 

Elimination - strip out everything bar the needed stuff - take out all the ram bar 1 stick, the extra sound card, ditch everything! if you have your old video cards install one of them instead, any old psu lying around try it too.
May 3, 2008 11:49:30 PM

You seem to have a lot of "fluff" that could be causing a driver conflict. I'd suggest (as others have said) a clean install with minimum hardware. Then run ram, 3DMark, etc. tests. Issues like these are usually software.
May 4, 2008 12:15:11 AM

ditch the creative card. you seem to be suffering from a driver conflict/software problem. number 1 prob with creative's stuff atm. especially with 64bit os. seriously do you even use eax? it's the only thing those cards offer...
May 4, 2008 2:22:22 AM

Guys I am just ranting, and I apologize, The CPU is approx 2/mo old, the o/s was installed the same day, previuos to this 3870x2 card I had (2) Sapphire x1950pros installed running crossfire for about 5 months, then I bought (2) Sapphire 3870 512mb cards, installed them about 3-3 1/2 weeks ago thats when the sh*t hit the fan, the cards would run great alone but crossfire sucked... so I RMA'ed the cards and got this (1) Sapphire 3870x2 card oer the advice of ATI support.
I was still having issues do I re-installed the o/s last night, installed all windows updates, m/b drivers, ati card drivers games and patches... thats it, in the past week and 1/2 I have posted on forums, spoke with ATI, MSI, emailed Sapphire 9since they dont have a phone # (WOW!).
the Bios is the latest ver 1.8 flashed last November. This just makes no freeking sense! I am not a very patient person but I have done my best to learn and fix this garbage.

Honestly Id like to see this thru, HELP!
May 4, 2008 2:53:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, the 6400+ is a 125w processor. Don't the 125w CPU's eventually start raping boards with anything less than like 6 or 7 phase power, blowing MOSFETS, poppin caps and what-not? I'm not sure what kind of power management that board has though, just a thought. It does sound a little like a possible driver conflict though, but also a little more like overheating if it's only freezing during games... You could try stressing the little hoe with some CPU intensive benchmarking tool and see if you can maker freeze that way too.

Arson94
May 4, 2008 3:01:36 AM

the 780g boards [micro atx] are the only one's so far to exibit this problem.
the board he has was meant as an enthusiast's board, not a budget htpc or office box.
May 4, 2008 3:23:28 AM

albundy2 said:
the 780g boards [micro atx] are the only one's so far to exibit this problem.
the board he has was meant as an enthusiast's board, not a budget htpc or office box.

Its MSI, expect problems!

AMD didnt design the platform with high power/heat in mind - Intel learnt the hard way with prescott, AMD didnt learn from there competitor - radial cooling to cool the cpu AND regulators, sockets for maximum power throughput - there will be more and more reports on AMD in the future.

I also wouldn't put it past me that that cpu may be a dud, iv seen a few too many dead/faulty AMDs in recent times - a 6000 and a 4400 recently.

I suggest to download and create/burn UBCD4WIN and use it to test your system out.

Also under clock everything...
May 4, 2008 3:28:17 AM

I'll bid $25 for the evil possessed PC.
This would be a great project for my studies of the supernatural.
May 4, 2008 3:31:55 AM

arson94 said:
Just out of curiosity, the 6400+ is a 125w processor. Don't the 125w CPU's eventually start raping boards with anything less than like 6 or 7 phase power, blowing MOSFETS, poppin caps and what-not? I'm not sure what kind of power management that board has though, just a thought. It does sound a little like a possible driver conflict though, but also a little more like overheating if it's only freezing during games... You could try stressing the little hoe with some CPU intensive benchmarking tool and see if you can maker freeze that way too.

Arson94

I can run 3dmark w/ no problem, Idid a little bit ago, got 12000 marks just fine, as far as my CPU I havent heard any negative issues wit it.
May 4, 2008 3:52:53 AM

ok, here is what I heard/ was told, the other night while playing COD4, I typed a message and asked if anyone had a 3870x2, two playes responded yes, then I asked If they were experienxing any issues with freezing during gameplay, they both said yes and they also said ATI is hoping to address this issue with the new drivers, Sapphire tech support kind of sucks they dont even have a phone number in the USA, they only respond via email,
in short I have spent a fair ammount of money and time to have a pretty decent pc, actually we all have, and if the above is correct about the drivers these tools at ATI should work these issues out b4 they out 400.00 cards on the market for us to troubleshoot and go thru all this dramma.
tonight I am going to run memtest 86 and see how that pans out... any other tests I can run here?
May 4, 2008 4:13:40 AM

jcgross said:
I can run 3dmark w/ no problem, Idid a little bit ago, got 12000 marks just fine, as far as my CPU I havent heard any negative issues wit it.

So whats it do?
May 4, 2008 4:22:18 AM

apache_lives said:
So whats it do?

if you are refereing to my pc, it freezes up during gameplay. but everthing else is just fine.
May 4, 2008 4:23:53 AM

jcgross said:
if you are refereing to my pc, it freezes up during gameplay. but everthing else is just fine.

download and run ATi Tool and orthos and run both for a couple of hours

also downgrade to XP 32 and try it
May 4, 2008 4:27:26 AM

evilshuriken said:
I'll bid $25 for the evil possessed PC.
This would be a great project for my studies of the supernatural.

funny! make youe peace w/ god first, plus having a priest nearby would help as well. :lol: 
May 4, 2008 4:26:00 PM

Guys I ran memtest86 last night, it had positive results, we can rule out my 4 gigs of memory, its all fine, I have decided to reformat xp64 bit/ my h/d today. then as follows...
MSI board drivers
windows updates
LCD 64 bit drivers
ATI card drivers from Aati website
Dirx 9c from Microsoft
soundblaster x-fi/ driver only
? this sound like a plan?
May 5, 2008 12:22:02 AM

jcgross said:
Guys I ran memtest86 last night, it had positive results, we can rule out my 4 gigs of memory, its all fine, I have decided to reformat xp64 bit/ my h/d today. then as follows...
MSI board drivers
windows updates
LCD 64 bit drivers
ATI card drivers from Aati website
Dirx 9c from Microsoft
soundblaster x-fi/ driver only
? this sound like a plan?

gawd dont use MSI's drivers, look for them direct eg Intel chipset drivers from Intels website etc

if you read our posts we advised to REMOVE your creative card too as it can cause all sorts of headaches

windows updates dont effect stability so wouldnt bother for a test run

did you test with ATitool and Orthos for a couple of hours? Memtest is useless 99% of the time when it comes to stability etc - i can overclock memory and have it pass on memtest where as windows will not so much as even boot correctly.
May 5, 2008 3:17:37 AM

dude, i got same mobo...the on board audio is actually compareable to my x-fi xtreme music. no reason to use it anymore. pop that guy out and try again. plus, drivers may not be correct to your os, sure your not doing the 32bit? sure the link isnt messed up and giving you 32bit drivers? i know how msi is, they do suck. good luck bro...hope it works out for ya!
May 5, 2008 8:40:31 AM

patater said:
dude, i got same mobo...the on board audio is actually compareable to my x-fi xtreme music. no reason to use it anymore. pop that guy out and try again. plus, drivers may not be correct to your os, sure your not doing the 32bit? sure the link isnt messed up and giving you 32bit drivers? i know how msi is, they do suck. good luck bro...hope it works out for ya!

real sure I was using xp64 bit drivers from MSI, I will talk w/ MSI today, never use to have this problem, I will take out the xfi card tho, actually after the os in reinstalled I think I will stay away from the pc for a day or 2. I am really getting to the point of beating it with a hammer. this crap never happened when I had the 2 x1950pros running crossfire. :fou: 
May 5, 2008 10:48:32 AM

jcgross said:
real sure I was using xp64 bit drivers from MSI, I will talk w/ MSI today, never use to have this problem, I will take out the xfi card tho, actually after the os in reinstalled I think I will stay away from the pc for a day or 2. I am really getting to the point of beating it with a hammer. this crap never happened when I had the 2 x1950pros running crossfire. :fou: 

Its Plug and Play, unless its MSI thats when it becomes Plug and Prey
May 5, 2008 11:09:34 AM

I'll give 20.01 for the evil PC. Maybe put a bunch of religious stuff around the PC and hopeful this evil wont affect your new PC. I hope I'm not affected now posting to this evil
Take the PC to the church and have an exorcism done
May 5, 2008 11:59:11 AM

gomerpile said:
I'll give 20.01 for the evil PC. Maybe put a bunch of religious stuff around the PC and hopeful this evil wont affect your new PC. I hope I'm not affected now posting to this evil
Take the PC to the church and have an exorcism done

I am seriuosly considering it, ty for making me laugh! :lol: 
May 5, 2008 12:03:16 PM

apache_lives said:
gawd dont use MSI's drivers, look for them direct eg Intel chipset drivers from Intels website etc

if you read our posts we advised to REMOVE your creative card too as it can cause all sorts of headaches

windows updates dont effect stability so wouldnt bother for a test run

did you test with ATitool and Orthos for a couple of hours? Memtest is useless 99% of the time when it comes to stability etc - i can overclock memory and have it pass on memtest where as windows will not so much as even boot correctly.

does Orthos run on xp 64?
May 5, 2008 1:40:02 PM

apache_lives said:
Its Plug and Play, unless its MSI thats when it becomes Plug and Prey

Apache, found ATItool on overclock.net... where are simple instructions on how to use?
May 6, 2008 10:10:20 AM

jcgross said:
Apache, found ATItool on overclock.net... where are simple instructions on how to use?

Download, Install, Select Scan for Artifacts and let it run for a few hours

Orthos - Runs on 32 and 64 bit fine, and same deal, downlaod and extract, press start and let run for a few hours

All new systems and components need to be hammered and tested properly, run in to make sure there ok - has everyone forgotten this golden rule?
May 6, 2008 10:29:57 AM

Mr gross has evil, run now gross before it takes your soul. My prayers go out to ya. Move to Canada. My suggestion is post this question in Other they will help you there
May 6, 2008 10:57:26 AM

gomerpile said:
Mr gross has evil, run now gross before it takes your soul. My prayers go out to ya. Move to Canada. My suggestion is post this question in Other they will help you there

LOL you need an anti-evil, and no im not talking about Norton! Thats more like DR Evil.

Sneak up on your pc when its sleeping and box it up and post it to somewhere far away!!!!!!
May 6, 2008 4:32:11 PM

apache_lives said:
LOL you need an anti-evil, and no im not talking about Norton! Thats more like DR Evil.

Sneak up on your pc when its sleeping and box it up and post it to somewhere far away!!!!!!

LOL! tooo much! running ATI tiil now, 15mins in gpu@ 77c, gpu activity at 99%
thanks much.
May 6, 2008 4:37:15 PM

Oh 1 more. running factory oc'ed GPU clock at 825mhz memory clock at 901 mhz, thought youd wanna know.
May 10, 2008 11:59:44 AM

Hey all, took advice ran the software you mentioned and things were ok + took out the x-fi card, I also had a long talk w/ a sr.tek at ATI who advised me to run some tests and submit them to ATI/AMD it appears that from the diagnosis my 2 hard drives are running raid, not sure how that happened + I did a fresh install of the o/s before I sent the tests into ATI, if anyone wants to see the tests I ran I can submit them to your email if to like reading things like that, here is the reply from ATI, any advice?

Dear Jason,
We have analyzed the al the reports you have sent, and have found some inconsistencies in the report as to what they detect and the information is questionable

Normally all the reports should reveal identical information this is imperative; however in this case the reports match up with some of the details and not with others.

Motherboard:
CPU Type Unknown, 3215 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 4096 MB
…………………………………….

CPU Type = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
6400+
CPU Speed = 3216 MHz
North Bridge Chipset Vendor ID = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Device ID = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Revision = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Drivers Version = NOT DETECTED
North Bridge Chipset Drivers Date = NOT DETECTED

South Bridge Chipset Vendor ID = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Device ID = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Revision = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Drivers Version = NOT DETECTED
South Bridge Chipset Drivers Date = NOT DETECTED

From the information provided, we verified that there are two hard drives on the system setup as a Raid. In a raid configuration, both hard drives would have the same amount of information, but in this case the difference is of 40 gb approximately.

This is really substantial, and it elicits the question how is the raid working? Is windows gone corrupt or something causes a huge data influx or data movement to cause the 40 GB difference?

Putting the particulars together, it seems the issue is going to windows operating system.

Although there is not much data on the hard drive, something seems to be triggering the issue.

Is there any chance you can install windows on a single hard drive and then try?

Once we receive a response, we will escalate the issue for further investigation
May 10, 2008 12:43:05 PM

well do as they asked and unplug one of the hdd's - see wether it still boots and go from there, if need be install windows fresh etc
May 10, 2008 2:03:43 PM

apache_lives said:
well do as they asked and unplug one of the hdd's - see wether it still boots and go from there, if need be install windows fresh etc

apache, actually I plan on doing both, maybe in my case less is more, at any rate I will be getting my new card from newegg next week + got 3 tshits for the trouble, I hope to be up soon and back on leet servers COD4 "BustaCap" soon.... as always ty brothers! :hello: 
May 11, 2008 9:24:50 PM

lol what in the hell is a tshit? is it legal to sell tshits in the US? Man, you really can get anything from the Internet now-a-days... I'm not sure if I can even imagine what a tshit would look like and you got 3 of them. Once you get them, I'd like to know how they was packaged... Never thought I'd see the day that tshits would be handed out all willy nilly like that, haha

Arson94
May 12, 2008 12:57:18 AM

arson94 said:
lol what in the hell is a tshit? is it legal to sell tshits in the US? Man, you really can get anything from the Internet now-a-days... I'm not sure if I can even imagine what a tshit would look like and you got 3 of them. Once you get them, I'd like to know how they was packaged... Never thought I'd see the day that tshits would be handed out all willy nilly like that, haha

Arson94

oh wow I just noticed that, yeh thats pretty good huh, Id better call NewEgg and verify I am getting tshirts and not tshits, well they will say Microsoft on them so maybe I was correct in my last post, LOL! :lol: 
May 12, 2008 1:15:09 AM

lol for real. yea man I couldn't help but to post a reply to that. I read it the first time and my diaphragm fell out of my ass I was laughing so hard. I mean it wouldn't have been funny had it been any other combination of mispelling, but a tshit? how can you not laugh and at least say something about a tshit? lol im still laughing, it just hit the right spot at the right moment I guess. Thanx! I really needed a laugh today :lol: 
May 12, 2008 1:19:20 AM

I'll give you $40 for the 2 1950's
May 12, 2008 8:29:06 AM

hell i will give you $20 for a tshit
May 12, 2008 3:10:21 PM

sabot00 said:
I'll give you $40 for the 2 1950's

sorry sold last week, at 60.00/ea, the dude loves them. next time, I have some other goodies in classifieds (cheap)
May 16, 2008 5:49:44 PM

mate do you reckon you could get me a few tshit's. im diein for a fix
May 17, 2008 7:03:27 PM

hey guys, when I installed the new drivers ver 8.4 and rebooted I got this... dumprep o-K, or its possibly dumprep 0-K. o and 0 is hard to determine, SUX! it was when I installed the WDM Intergrated Driver this happened. Do I need this garbage driver? dunno this may be my issue.
May 18, 2008 3:58:26 AM

Laughing sounds are coming out of my mouth.

Is that the dumprep for the tshit?

Dude, your thread is done . . .
May 18, 2008 2:45:23 PM

rickpatbrown said:
Laughing sounds are coming out of my mouth.

Is that the dumprep for the tshit?

Dude, your thread is done . . .

Dude, you are a TOOL! :fou: 
May 21, 2008 1:02:44 PM

jcgross said:
hey guys, when I installed the new drivers ver 8.4 and rebooted I got this... dumprep o-K, or its possibly dumprep 0-K. o and 0 is hard to determine, SUX! it was when I installed the WDM Intergrated Driver this happened. Do I need this garbage driver? dunno this may be my issue.

The WDM driver is a series of drivers used to enable the capture and TV tuner features on VIVO boards, and the ALL-IN-WONDER series of cards. Theoretically, unless you're using the VIVO capability of your card, then you should't need it to play games. But if you ever plan to use the Video In Video Out (VIVO) capablities, you will need the WDM drivers.

--Arson94
!