Sign in with
Your question

My pc turns of after 60 seconds

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 18, 2012 8:21:53 PM

Hello,
my computer says we have dedected a fault, your pc wil turn off in 60secs please save your work.
Whenit came bck on after putting my pssword on the desktop icons where larger and mixed up. The second tie the sceen was all blue, is this a virus or is the het sink broken?
Craig

More about : turns seconds

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 18, 2012 8:21:53 PM

Hello,
my computer says we have dedected a fault, your pc wil turn off in 60secs please save your work.
Whenit came bck on after putting my pssword on the desktop icons where larger and mixed up. The second tie the sceen was all blue, is this a virus or is the het sink broken?
Craig
a b 8 Security
July 18, 2012 9:16:00 PM

Quote:
Hello,
Craig

Probably wouldn't overheat in 60 seconds. Run your AV scans and /or repair the OS.
Related resources
a b 8 Security
July 19, 2012 2:42:21 PM

If it was shutting down due to a hardware issue like overheating it would not give you a message like that, it would just shut down or reboot.

You can try re-installing the drivers for your system, if that does not work, you would want to re-install Windows after backing up your files. If you can't do a backup due to the shutdown issue, try SafeMode and copy the files that way. Or buy a new hard-drive and install Windows on that.
a b 8 Security
July 22, 2012 11:45:05 PM

This next topics has been merged by Area51reopened
  • My pc turns of after 60 seconds
    !