152626 mb disk o at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi

pmrassie

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
i am trying to install windows xp on my machine it does everything until to a stage where it tells me that 152626 mb disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 atapi set up cannot access this drive.A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON PAGED_AREA

Tech.info.stop 0x00000050(0x8BE27630,0X00000000,0X00000000

Please assist me is it that my hard drive is damaged .

That's about 150 TB, so I'm not surprised that Windows can't access it. Something is amiss here, but unless you give us details of your hardware I don't think anyone's going to be able to guess what it might be.

rakshithcpapu

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

its 150gb not tb Ijack

and pmrassie i also have same problem but sadly there is only one solution for this
........... u will have to remove hard disk from your lap or pc and then use this removed disk as second hard disk in any other pc(desktop) and then restart the windows and then got to my computer and then format the disk there..........
means right click on the partition that is on error and then format it just like u would any pendrive and then remount it back to lap or pc and then run windows setup then once again format it and install xp once again

if there was any important data in the drive there is nothing we can do

and while formating in desktop select ntfs for convinience afterwards

TRENDING THREADS