Opinions on Sony Clie UX50

July 25, 2004 6:02:09 AM

Hello there,

I know Sony is going out of the PDA business,
but I like very much the unique feature set
of Clie UX50 (Keyboard, WiFi, Bluetooth) so
I am considering changing from my SJ30 (where
I have to use an external keyboard) to the UX50
(prices dropped a bit since Sony's announcement).

....Any opinion of any UX50 owner on features,
battery life, hardware aging (screen, keyboard)??

Thanks,

El_Layo.
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 6:24:32 AM

In article <Xns95312800BC32FIDToken@212.27.42.69>,
name <public-email@server.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I know Sony is going out of the PDA business,
> but I like very much the unique feature set
> of Clie UX50 (Keyboard, WiFi, Bluetooth) so
> I am considering changing from my SJ30 (where
> I have to use an external keyboard) to the UX50
> (prices dropped a bit since Sony's announcement).
>
> ...Any opinion of any UX50 owner on features,
> battery life, hardware aging (screen, keyboard)??
>
> Thanks,
>
> El_Layo.

Battery life is not that good. You really need the extra battery
adapter, unless you do not need to use it too much between charging.

I would suggest reading the 1src.com UX-Series Forum to see what UX50
owners have to say.

Me I got the TH55 which has similar features, but no keyboard, and not
Bluetooth in the U.S. but much better battery life.

Bob Harris
!