Overclocking an E4700 on OEM...

OmegaStalker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I have an E4700 and well i need more juice from it so time to Crack up the clock now i have an issue though.. I bought an Acer because i was lazy and couldn't be assed to build my own and well so i have a problem but someone said to me that if i flashed my bios on my mobo it would let me overclock my processor is this true ive never heard it before and well it would atleast give me sometime to save up for a nice new mobo in a a few months the reason why i need a to OC is because it seems to be a bottleneck for my GPU (1GB OC HD4850) anyways so can it be done? If not whats a good motherboard that will let me get a good overclock on my processor and has crossfire? P.S whats a decent overclock for my processor 3.6ghz?

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I really don't think a 2.6ghz dual will be bottlenecking it very much...

Especially since you have 1gb ram- I assume you are playing at high resolutions... in which case- the GFX card will almost always be the bottleneck.

I have no idea what decent o'c's are... I would say maybe... 3ghz for an E2***
3.2 ghz for an E4*** 3.6ghz for an E6*50? and maybe 3.4ghz for an E6*00

OmegaStalker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
umm thanks well if thats not the bottleneck then what the hell is? i only hit 34fps max on far cry2 on a res of 1680x1050 although i did stress it to the max anyways so can you overclock my processor on my mobo if i flashed my bbios??