Good i7 cooler to fit in cosmos s

Im buildin a new i7 rig and want to know wut cpu cooler to go with tht would fit in my cosmos s chassis with moding it ... also thinking abt watercooling but not sure abt it (suggestions on gud water cooling kits appreciated)

Pleas HELP!!!

thx in advance...
12 answers Last reply
More about good cooler cosmos
  1. Air, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366
  2. but isnt tht a bit 2 big for the cosms s?
  3. Show me case model link please
  4. http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=18&product_id=2692 im thinking abt gettin the window side panel in order to fit the gud heatsinks but worried if thtll increase temps
  5. there shouldn't be a heatsink out there that couldn't fit in a cosmos S. I don't think the side fan should be a issue. but this one should work.
  6. from wut i could find out lot of the major heatsinks dont fit in the cosmos s without removing the side fan or optinf for the window side panel....

i was thinking of goin for this http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&id=5983 since the it should fit accordin to its dimensions .... though wut i initialy wanted was a v8
  7. ...well just remove the side fan. it would be disrupting the airflow anyway...
  8. the sidefan will increase the airflow as it brings in cool air....
  9. I recently built a pc with a cosmos s case and a coolermaster V8. You will have to remove the side fan. I replaced the side fan with a 120 mm scythe s-flex. It hangs on the side panel with one screw! :na: Hey, it works. Oh, and be careful with cable management, it is pretty tricky in this case.
  10. the CPU fan is trying to blow out the back. whether the side fan is sucking or blowing, it would increase the CPU temps.
  11. replacing the side fan with a maller fan is a gr8 idea whihadnt struck me ... this certainly solves the problem .... thnx greg

@ venom : i still dont get how the sidefan will interfere with the cpu cooling negatively....

neway i think ive sorted things out .... thnx for all the help guys ...

thnx again greg
  12. V3NOM said:
    the CPU fan is trying to blow out the back. whether the side fan is sucking or blowing, it would increase the CPU temps.

how will it increase? i mean the side fan is pulling in loads of cool air straight on to the motherboard/cpu and cpu pulls air into the heatshink of cpu, so there will be an increase in freash air that will be deployed on to cpu. decreasing temps on cpu, i know because its what im doing now with my old case and my cpu temps have dropped
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Water Cooling Cooling Intel i7 Cosmos Overclocking