Good i7 cooler to fit in cosmos s

zenoa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Im buildin a new i7 rig and want to know wut cpu cooler to go with tht would fit in my cosmos s chassis with moding it ... also thinking abt watercooling but not sure abt it (suggestions on gud water cooling kits appreciated)

Pleas HELP!!!

thx in advance...

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I recently built a pc with a cosmos s case and a coolermaster V8. You will have to remove the side fan. I replaced the side fan with a 120 mm scythe s-flex. It hangs on the side panel with one screw! :na: Hey, it works. Oh, and be careful with cable management, it is pretty tricky in this case.

zenoa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
replacing the side fan with a maller fan is a gr8 idea whihadnt struck me ... this certainly solves the problem .... thnx greg

@ venom : i still dont get how the sidefan will interfere with the cpu cooling negatively....

neway i think ive sorted things out .... thnx for all the help guys ...

thnx again greg

x58

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

how will it increase? i mean the side fan is pulling in loads of cool air straight on to the motherboard/cpu and cpu pulls air into the heatshink of cpu, so there will be an increase in freash air that will be deployed on to cpu. decreasing temps on cpu, i know because its what im doing now with my old case and my cpu temps have dropped