Bikes and Animals

If this information has been shared before, I apologize.

I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.

Dig it:
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
35 answers Last reply

    Smeghead wrote:
    > If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >
    > I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    > mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    > a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >
    > Dig it:
    > http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

    I dig.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:23:07 +0200, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >>
    >> I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    >> mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    >> a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >>
    >> Dig it:
    >> http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html
    >
    >I dig.

    I knew that you would.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    W00t! New test files for the printers at work!

    --
    Troy

    Smeghead wrote:
    > If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >
    > I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    > mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    > a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >
    > Dig it:
    > http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:25:53 GMT, Troy <gimmespam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >W00t! New test files for the printers at work!

    Hehehe, if I had known about this months ago, I'd have a work area
    littered with motorbikes.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >
    > I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    > mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    > a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >
    > Dig it:
    > http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

    OMB. Oh, you have no idea how cool this is!!! I love this stuff!

    Here's a site for wives and kids- it has tons of free stuff like
    gift bags and stationary. Really cute stuff if you scrapbook, too.
    http://www.grandmageorge.com .

    I LOVE paper toys and gizmos. Thanks for sharing! :)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 22 Apr 2005 07:23:26 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >>
    >> I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    >> mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    >> a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >>
    >> Dig it:
    >> http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html
    >

    > OMB. Oh, you have no idea how cool this is!!! I love this stuff!
    >
    > Here's a site for wives and kids- it has tons of free stuff like
    >gift bags and stationary. Really cute stuff if you scrapbook, too.
    >http://www.grandmageorge.com .
    >
    > I LOVE paper toys and gizmos. Thanks for sharing! :)

    A lot of this stuff is really intricate. I particularly like the
    motorcycle models. But I'll probably construct a paper tiger for my
    daughter. :)

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >
    > I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    > mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    > a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >
    > Dig it:
    > http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

    Here's some more:

    http://bj.canon.co.jp/english/3D-papercraft/

    http://www.paper-craft.net/ (there doesn't seem to be much to download
    here, but lots of neat pictures, such as the one at
    http://www.paper-craft.net/html/works_0714.html)

    --
    Troy
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Troy wrote:
    > Here's some more:
    >
    > http://bj.canon.co.jp/english/3D-papercraft/
    >
    > http://www.paper-craft.net/ (there doesn't seem to be much to download
    > here, but lots of neat pictures, such as the one at
    > http://www.paper-craft.net/html/works_0714.html)

    <drool, slobber, download, download, download.............>

    Thanks Little Bro #2!!

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:56:25 GMT, Troy <gimmespam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> If this information has been shared before, I apologize.
    >>
    >> I just recently ran across this stuff myself, and given Miracle's
    >> mention of modeling, I thought it might be of interest to anyone with
    >> a color printer, a .pdf reader, exact-o knife and some glue.
    >>
    >> Dig it:
    >> http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html
    >>

    >Here's some more:
    >
    >http://bj.canon.co.jp/english/3D-papercraft/
    >
    >http://www.paper-craft.net/ (there doesn't seem to be much to download
    >here, but lots of neat pictures, such as the one at
    >http://www.paper-craft.net/html/works_0714.html)

    Neat stuff! Thanks for sharing! I think I might do the one of Tower
    Bridge.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > I guess the old saying is true: "Those who cannot do become IT
    > support."

    And those who cannot read become IT support customers.

    I wonder how much IT support costs would go down if all Windows error
    messages read themselves aloud to the user. I've often gone in to help
    someone, read the error message to them, and their light bulb goes on. :/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:57:11 -0500, ScratchMonkey
    <scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

    >"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> I guess the old saying is true: "Those who cannot do become IT
    >> support."
    >
    >And those who cannot read become IT support customers.
    >
    >I wonder how much IT support costs would go down if all Windows error
    >messages read themselves aloud to the user. I've often gone in to help
    >someone, read the error message to them, and their light bulb goes on. :/

    Oh! Remove DISK and strike ANY key! Aaaaaaahhhh, I see now...

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >

    >>I guess the old saying is true: "Those who cannot do become IT
    >>support."
    >

    > And those who cannot read become IT support customers.
    >
    > I wonder how much IT support costs would go down if all Windows error
    > messages read themselves aloud to the user. I've often gone in to help
    > someone, read the error message to them, and their light bulb goes on. :/

    I haven't. Mostly, I get people who read aloud to me "Press OK to
    continue", and say "What do I do now?"

    This has greatly been reduced ever since we got a 10ct/min number (in
    case you're wondering why your support number costs money, this is it).

    But then, these are home users, who aren't knowledgeable about computers
    at all, so I guess it makes sense.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:15:25 +0200, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    >ScratchMonkey wrote:
    >> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >>

    >>>I guess the old saying is true: "Those who cannot do become IT
    >>>support."
    >>

    >> And those who cannot read become IT support customers.
    >>
    >> I wonder how much IT support costs would go down if all Windows error
    >> messages read themselves aloud to the user. I've often gone in to help
    >> someone, read the error message to them, and their light bulb goes on. :/
    >
    >I haven't. Mostly, I get people who read aloud to me "Press OK to
    >continue", and say "What do I do now?"
    >
    >This has greatly been reduced ever since we got a 10ct/min number (in
    >case you're wondering why your support number costs money, this is it).
    >
    >But then, these are home users, who aren't knowledgeable about computers
    >at all, so I guess it makes sense.

    What always got me is if I were to state, "now, press the right mouse
    button and select 'properties' from the menu that pops up."

    Now, what I had just done was introduced a previously unknown function
    of the mouse... the right click.

    For about 3 more clicks I'd get, "is that with the right or left mouse
    button?!"

    Then I'd have to say something along the lines of "All clicks should
    be done with the left mouse button unless specified. The right mouse
    button is for 'special' situations."

    "Ah! Okay! I got ya..."

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:

    > I haven't. Mostly, I get people who read aloud to me "Press OK to
    > continue", and say "What do I do now?"

    I don't think that's so much stupidity as it is fear. When some people
    first start using computers, they're afraid of breaking something by
    clicking the wrong button. They question everything, even if what to do
    is stated very obviously, in plain English.

    Then, the fear gradually gives way to confidence, and the next thing you
    know, they double-click "Iloveyou.vbs," screw their computer up, go back
    to the "fear" stage, and the cycle repeats itself indefinitely.

    --
    Troy
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:27:47 GMT, Troy <gimmespam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >> I haven't. Mostly, I get people who read aloud to me "Press OK to
    >> continue", and say "What do I do now?"
    >
    >I don't think that's so much stupidity as it is fear. When some people
    >first start using computers, they're afraid of breaking something by
    >clicking the wrong button. They question everything, even if what to do
    >is stated very obviously, in plain English.
    >
    >Then, the fear gradually gives way to confidence, and the next thing you
    >know, they double-click "Iloveyou.vbs," screw their computer up, go back
    >to the "fear" stage, and the cycle repeats itself indefinitely.

    I agree 100%. There's that timidity initially that's kind of fun to
    watch.

    I'm proud of my father-in-law. He's taken to his computer like a fish
    to water. He's no haxx0r, mind you. But he's learning. Not bad for a
    guy who's gotten his first machine at 62.

    The mouse threw him for a while. But I got him hooked on Zuma (I
    figured it would help him with his eye/hand coordination in a
    non-threatening way, after all, it is 'just a game'.)

    He loves to use his computer as a research tool now.

    But, yeah, it's all about fear of the unknown and not so much
    stupidity. And if you're patient with someone, they loose that edge of
    embarrassment around you, as if you're supposed to know how to open a
    browser and send e-mail strait from the womb.

    I've long since lost track of how many times I hear self-depricating
    expressions like "I'm an idiot, I guess." or "you should know, I'm
    computer illiterate". It's like they try to spare themselves some
    embarrassment by cutting themselves first and drawing first blood. As
    if they're beating you to the punch.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > What always got me is if I were to state, "now, press the right mouse
    > button and select 'properties' from the menu that pops up."
    >
    > Now, what I had just done was introduced a previously unknown function
    > of the mouse... the right click.
    >
    > For about 3 more clicks I'd get, "is that with the right or left mouse
    > button?!"
    >
    > Then I'd have to say something along the lines of "All clicks should
    > be done with the left mouse button unless specified. The right mouse
    > button is for 'special' situations."
    >
    > "Ah! Okay! I got ya..."

    This is, of course, totally familiar. Literally done the same thing.
    Well, almost; I did it in Dutch.
    --
    Frank
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > I've long since lost track of how many times I hear self-depricating
    > expressions like "I'm an idiot, I guess." or "you should know, I'm
    > computer illiterate". It's like they try to spare themselves some
    > embarrassment by cutting themselves first and drawing first blood. As
    > if they're beating you to the punch.

    Yeah, that's frustrating. But I find myself doing something similar in
    other domains where I'm not the expert.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On 24 Apr 2005 06:54:02 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    > wrote:
    >> Oh gee, forget glue! Get some double-sided sticky tape,
    >> and life is a breeze! If you can't get the Scotch brand, any
    >> good carpet tape will work. It's just wider is all.
    >> Sometimes I'll also use plain tape on the inside, where it's
    >> hidden from view. Tape is a lot faster, and if you're like me,
    >> avoids getting glue everywhere.
    >
    > Miracle, that's a fantastic tip!
    >
    > He said, as he began peeling dried glue from his fingertips...

    I might not have remembered that, but I'm currently
    putting together several small boxes from patterns I made
    last week.
    I wanted a small box that could hang from Christmas tree
    branches, to hold a couple-three pieces of hard candy, and
    after several too-large trials I finally got what I wanted.

    I know, I know, it's still April.......
    But when I'm not quite "up to snuff", I sit and work on stuff
    like that. If anyone ever wants some of this stuff, I can upload
    them to my site.

    <remembers pics she still hasn't sent>

    Um, all in good time, of course!

    <jeez I've turned into a lazy sod!>

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:15:25 +0200, Frank van Schie
    > <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
    >
    >> ScratchMonkey wrote:
    >>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

    >>> And those who cannot read become IT support customers.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder how much IT support costs would go down if all Windows
    >>> error messages read themselves aloud to the user. I've often gone
    >>> in to help someone, read the error message to them, and their light
    >>> bulb goes on. :/
    >>
    >> I haven't. Mostly, I get people who read aloud to me "Press OK to
    >> continue", and say "What do I do now?"
    >>
    >> This has greatly been reduced ever since we got a 10ct/min number (in
    >> case you're wondering why your support number costs money, this is
    >> it).
    >>
    >> But then, these are home users, who aren't knowledgeable about
    >> computers at all, so I guess it makes sense.
    >
    > What always got me is if I were to state, "now, press the right mouse
    > button and select 'properties' from the menu that pops up."
    >
    > Now, what I had just done was introduced a previously unknown function
    > of the mouse... the right click.
    >
    > For about 3 more clicks I'd get, "is that with the right or left mouse
    > button?!"
    >
    > Then I'd have to say something along the lines of "All clicks should
    > be done with the left mouse button unless specified. The right mouse
    > button is for 'special' situations."
    >
    > "Ah! Okay! I got ya..."

    Damn. Gee, the more of these stories I hear, the prouder
    I am of myself for just sailing ahead by myself when I got that
    first computer at 45 years of age. I just plugged it in, turned it
    on, and went for it.
    Oh, I had a lot to learn still, but I'd ask "how" and do it.
    I bet I drove Bry damn near crazy that first year. I found him
    in Usenet in April of 1997, so you guys should pity him. LOL
    And Troy- poor Troy was in that group too, along with Bill
    and BruceRob. And then Pokey got me to lurk in here when he
    got me hooked on T1.

    And now, "Poor y'all"! LOL

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle, not sleepy yet

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 26 Apr 2005 09:10:13 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    [slash]

    > Damn. Gee, the more of these stories I hear, the prouder
    >I am of myself for just sailing ahead by myself when I got that
    >first computer at 45 years of age. I just plugged it in, turned it
    >on, and went for it.
    > Oh, I had a lot to learn still, but I'd ask "how" and do it.
    >I bet I drove Bry damn near crazy that first year. I found him
    >in Usenet in April of 1997, so you guys should pity him. LOL
    > And Troy- poor Troy was in that group too, along with Bill
    >and BruceRob. And then Pokey got me to lurk in here when he
    >got me hooked on T1.
    >
    > And now, "Poor y'all"! LOL

    If only all people took to it like you! You seem to be a great
    student. You actually apply what you learn. You actually learn! And
    most importantly for truly absorbing things, you WANT to know more.

    Unfortunately, when it comes not only to computers, most people have
    no sense of adventure and inquisitiveness. Good enough is well enough
    and the simpler the better as far as they're concerned.

    My wife's like you in that she had no fear with her first computer.
    And she's naturally nosey, so she would prod and poke around in menus
    and subsystems until she learned things.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > If only all people took to it like you!

    Absolutely! How are geeks supposed to reproduce without geek women? ;)

    Try posting on Slashdot and mentioning that you're female. It's like blood
    in the water. (Hmm, "Chum" might make a good online handle.)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    >his body were:
    > And now, "Poor y'all"! LOL

    Poor us? But we like ya here!
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > But, yeah, it's all about fear of the unknown and not so much
    > stupidity. And if you're patient with someone, they loose that edge of
    > embarrassment around you, as if you're supposed to know how to open a
    > browser and send e-mail strait from the womb.
    >
    > I've long since lost track of how many times I hear self-depricating
    > expressions like "I'm an idiot, I guess." or "you should know, I'm
    > computer illiterate". It's like they try to spare themselves some
    > embarrassment by cutting themselves first and drawing first blood. As
    > if they're beating you to the punch.

    Again, wildly familiar. And I have never, in six years of tech support,
    made the comment that someone shouldn't use a computer or that someone
    was stupid.

    At least, not to the customer; venting is occasionally necessary after
    the call ends. But even there, some practice would sort that out.

    But to get some kind of idea as to how the screen looks to a total
    newbie, look at it upside down (for some people, CTRL-ALT-Down,
    otherwise just tilt your head) and look at the task bar. what we would
    call "depressed" or "lower" than the others (ie, a selected task) all of
    a sudden looks raised, and the raised buttons look lower.

    Someone who doesn't have any preconceptions probably doesn't see the
    difference quite the way we do, since we're used to seeing the shading
    done as if the lightsource is at the top left.

    Nothing is really obvious, until you're used to working with it.
    Intuitiveness could be greatly improved in computers...
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > If only all people took to it like you! You seem to be a great
    > student. You actually apply what you learn. You actually learn! And
    > most importantly for truly absorbing things, you WANT to know more.
    >
    > Unfortunately, when it comes not only to computers, most people have
    > no sense of adventure and inquisitiveness. Good enough is well enough
    > and the simpler the better as far as they're concerned.
    >
    > My wife's like you in that she had no fear with her first computer.
    > And she's naturally nosey, so she would prod and poke around in menus
    > and subsystems until she learned things.

    Aw, thanks for the compliment. :)

    I just realized real quick that the Internet was far more than
    just pages with information on them. Brand-name everything
    had their own web sites with recipes, coupons, and more.
    Folks had personal sites with all sorts of things they wanted
    to share with the world.
    Then there was Usenet, and *binary* groups, which didn't
    automatically mean porn! Women had learned to post whole
    patterns of everything imaginable, using several mediums.

    Then the best part turned out to be what all I could DO with
    all the things I had saved by using this infernal beast! No holiday
    or occassion happens without featuring something I've handmade
    using something I've seen or learned online.

    No wait- that's not the best part. The very best part is that
    while finding out about the wonderful places I could go online,
    I've met so many nice folks. One of the bonuses has been that
    all of my online friends live in places other than Yuma, and I've
    learned a lot about other parts of not only the world, but my
    own country as well.

    But in order to get to this point, I had to be nosy and learn
    most things the hard way! LOL Fearlessness sometimes
    made me too quick to press the wrong button. Ooooops.......

    But after suffering through that first "real" reformat (not a
    restore), I knew there was nothing that I couldn't do computer-
    wise if I had to. So then I tackled the "guts", replacing video
    cards and sound cards, working my way up to memory sticks,
    cooling fans, and hard drives. I think that's the part I like best-
    it reminds me of working on a car engine. :D

    Sorry guys- I've got a nasty case of heartburn tonight, so
    I'll probably be a tad wordy, waiting to get comfortable enough
    to go to sleep. I ate a whole pint of blueberries. :o}

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 27 Apr 2005 08:29:53 GMT, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    [Snip]

    > Aw, thanks for the compliment. :)

    [Snip]

    You're more than welcome. I call 'em as I see 'em.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> If only all people took to it like you!
    >
    > Absolutely! How are geeks supposed to reproduce without geek women? ;)
    >
    > Try posting on Slashdot and mentioning that you're female. It's like
    > blood in the water. (Hmm, "Chum" might make a good online handle.)

    I've noticed that in some places. I'm me in Usenet, but on most
    sites I pick nicks that are ambiguous, and then do my best to "talk
    like a guy". But shoot, it's been a *long* time since I've posted to
    an online forum.
    Simply because what time and energy I have to spend online,
    I want to spend mostly in this group. I tried to muster some energy
    to become active again in afm-b and the American Idol group, but
    *bleh*. It's just not interesting anymore. And I'm only lurking in one
    other group- alt.binaries.clip-art.

    Priorities, eh? ;)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}} to all,
    >^,,^< Miracle

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

    > Then there was Usenet, and *binary* groups, which didn't
    > automatically mean porn! Women had learned to post whole
    > patterns of everything imaginable, using several mediums.

    I'm rediscovering the binary groups now that my ISP offers binary access
    again. It's just too bad I don't even get DSL speeds to their servers. :(

    --
    Troy
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Troy wrote:
    >> ^,,^< Miracle wrote:
    >
    >> Then there was Usenet, and *binary* groups, which didn't
    >> automatically mean porn! Women had learned to post whole
    >> patterns of everything imaginable, using several mediums.
    >
    > I'm rediscovering the binary groups now that my ISP offers binary
    > access again. It's just too bad I don't even get DSL speeds to their
    > servers. :(

    I'm very impressed with the DSL speed I'm getting from Allen-
    sometimes it will download faster than the satellite does! Allen still
    has to get out 2 personal desktops fixed up, but he is having some
    difficulties, and won't let us buy the equipment, so we're still on sat
    in the office.
    I really must say that I'm looking forward to going DSL on all
    our PCs. Talk about cutting out a bunch of wires! And $60 a month
    to boot!

    Why is your connection so slow? I thought you had a decent
    DSL provider- or was that at your old digs? I feel for ya- I know
    what it's like to sit there and watch that blue line creep slowly across...

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > I'm very impressed with the DSL speed I'm getting from Allen-
    > sometimes it will download faster than the satellite does! Allen still
    > has to get out 2 personal desktops fixed up,

    *Our*, not ^ "out".

    Ish......

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Why is your connection so slow? I thought you had a decent
    > DSL provider- or was that at your old digs? I feel for ya- I know
    > what it's like to sit there and watch that blue line creep slowly across...

    It's not my connection. It's just the speed of the Usenet servers. I get
    about 70KB/sec downloading from them. It's reasonable, but compared to
    the speed I get to a decent server like a FilePlanet subscriber server,
    it's pretty pathetic. :)
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Troy wrote:
    > Miracle Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> Why is your connection so slow? I thought you had a decent
    >> DSL provider- or was that at your old digs? I feel for ya- I know
    >> what it's like to sit there and watch that blue line creep slowly
    >> across...
    >
    > It's not my connection. It's just the speed of the Usenet servers. I
    > get about 70KB/sec downloading from them. It's reasonable, but
    > compared to the speed I get to a decent server like a FilePlanet
    > subscriber server, it's pretty pathetic. :)

    That's kinda weird. I can download a 500KB-600KB file in
    about 2-3 seconds. Hmmmm........

    Wait, would that be because I'm paying for the service separate
    from my ISP? More money, better speeds? (I've also got a huge
    choice of servers to use.)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Troy wrote:
    > Miracle Smith wrote:
    >

    >> Why is your connection so slow? I thought you had a decent
    >> DSL provider- or was that at your old digs? I feel for ya- I know
    >> what it's like to sit there and watch that blue line creep slowly
    >> across...
    >

    > It's not my connection. It's just the speed of the Usenet servers. I get
    > about 70KB/sec downloading from them. It's reasonable, but compared to
    > the speed I get to a decent server like a FilePlanet subscriber server,
    > it's pretty pathetic. :)

    Get an account at Giganews. Excellent speeds, I head, and awesome
    completeness AFAICT.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Get an account at Giganews. Excellent speeds, I head, and awesome
    > completeness AFAICT.

    ROFL
    Well there ya go! Another endorsement.

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >>Get an account at Giganews. Excellent speeds, I head, and awesome
    >>completeness AFAICT.
    >
    > ROFL
    > Well there ya go! Another endorsement.

    Yeah. Except that my head has nothing to do with it. Doh.
    --
    Frank
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:

    > Get an account at Giganews. Excellent speeds, I head, and awesome
    > completeness AFAICT.

    I might, if I start using Usenet for binaries more. I'm still too busy
    playing WoW. :)

    --
    Troy

Games Video Games