LiveandLaugh

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,
I have both, an HP Windows Vista Laptop as well as a Dell Windows XP Desktop. Can anyone please tell me how I can view and/or play a DVD from my DVD drive? Do I need a certain Driver or something? I'm obviously missing something that needs to be installed and I am a total novice as to what I should do or where to go. I need instructions in lamens terms (step by step) and feel like a total idiot. Please help!?

What happens when you insert the DVD ? Error message ? Does the disk spin (any sound) ?

LiveandLaugh

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I have the VLC installed, but I don't know what I am suppose to do wih it now that it is installed. You put to "read this" and I don't know what I'm supose to be reading? Believe me when I say that I am TOTAL novice when it comes to electronics and I have to have everything spelled out for me step by step. I;m sorry and I know thi can b aggrivating, but this is the on way I get to learn! :sweat:

Besides tha bove, I also need to know how to open an attachment that I received that is a .pdf file. It tries to open in Microsoft Works and I have no idea (of course) why. It takes FOREVER for Works to open as it is (don't know WHY about his either). Hopfully this would be an easy fix? :??:

LiveandLaugh

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

I installed the VLC, but I don't know how to use it (or what part to click on) to watch the DVD. Should I have the DVD in first or wait for it to ask me? Like I said in my answer (below), I am a total novice with computers. I've used them for years, bu I know nothing about what makes it all work, so step by step instructions is the only way I know how to go.

I also asked about the .pdf attachment that I got in an email that I am trying to open. It goes to Windows WORKS and won't open. I have no idea why it is being directed to go there. Is there a way to change how .pdf files are opened?

Speaking of Windows WORKS, why does it take 3-4 minutes to even open? I never had this problem when I first got my computer. I don't have Micosoft WORD on my HP Windows Vista laptop and have always used WORKS Processor. Do I have to change some type of configurations or something?

ANY help you can give willl be appreciated, so I can resolve these issues! :sweat: