Sign in with
Your question

can anyone tell me if this mobo will fit this cooling?

Last response: in Systems
April 23, 2008 4:39:06 PM

Hi there, im getting the E8500 core 2 duo and i think ive decided on the ASUS maximus formula special edition mobo....currently i have a new arctic cooling freezer 7 pro.......anyone know if this can go together or will there be any size issues or anything like that? just want to know before i place the order....thanks a lot!

More about : mobo fit cooling

April 23, 2008 5:34:05 PM

The E8500 is only 160MHz (5%) faster than E8400 but costs ~$60 more (35%).
If you're going to overclock (your motherboard says so) they are basicly the same.
There should be no issues. The water block might be covered by/too close to the fan in an upwards blowing oriented mount. Front to back should be a safe bet.

Why would you get an optionally watercooled motherboard and not go for watercooling on the CPU?
April 23, 2008 6:09:51 PM

i guess because i already have this cooler......i could always change to water cooling in the future.....or do you think it would be better to jut get the regular maximus formula board....from what i see the only difference is that water cooler ready piece....am i correct on that or is there any performance difference as well?
Related resources
April 23, 2008 6:29:07 PM

Yes. You are right. The water block centerpiece is the only difference. It's AIR cooling performance is a bit reduced I think. What to get depends on the difference in price.
If both are the same get the SE (in case you decide to go with water later is a good enough reason).
If they are not get what is cheaper.
April 24, 2008 3:52:21 AM

thanks for the advice.......im still torn but leaning towards the SE since i can still find it and i might get the water cooling in the future....the price will not deter me.
April 24, 2008 8:08:11 AM

The AC Freezer 7 Pro is an excellent budget HSF suitable for a moderate OC. It's cooling capacity is not high enough for a high OC.
!