Ripebear

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
Just bought a new computer, with Duo 3.00 GHZ CPU, 2GB Ram and a ATI Radeon HD 3870X2 Graphics card, has a ABIT IP35 Pro motherboard. Problem is I cannot set games like Crysis to Very High Settings, which I should be able to with this graphics card. When I click on Run > DXDIAG, it says the graphics card has only 512MB of dedicated memory. Even on CSS with full settings is just over 100FPS, should really be more than that with this card, can anyone help me out to get the full potential out of my machine?

Thanks

mi1ez

Splendid
You won't be able to run Crysis on very high, even with an X2.

Even so, I thought the X2 had 1Gb of VRAM, 512MB per GPU. Maybe windows just isn't very good at reporting it?

G

It has 1GB of memory, but just like SLI and Xfire, 512 + 512 = 512.

When using mutiple cards/cores, the memory works in parallel, not in series. The computer is reporting the memory correctly.

As far as not having Very High in Crysis, what OS do you have? XP or Vista? You cannot set it to very high in XP as XP only has DX9.

And for CSS, dont fret over only have 100FPS, depending on the game/benchmark 100 fps may be nearing a max for the tool, I think with CSS its 200 though but it doesn't matter at all once you get over 50 or 60 fps. Games like that aren't good for benching your system anyway. Just be happy you're over 100, you can't see the difference over 30.

mi1ez

Splendid

Good point. Misread the question.