Sign in with
Your question

Solve my computer problem

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 23, 2012 9:02:13 PM

Hello,

The hard drive for my Acer Aspire One A0751H died and so I replaced it with a new hdd. Using my desktop and the recovery DVDs, I was able to reload the OS onto the new hdd. I went through the installation process and was given the OK by the program. However, once I installed the new hdd, the netbook will not boot. All I see is the black screen with the blinking cursor.

Help!

More about : solve computer problem

July 23, 2012 9:19:50 PM

bear103 said:
Hello,

The hard drive for my Acer Aspire One A0751H died and so I replaced it with a new hdd. Using my desktop and the recovery DVDs, I was able to reload the OS onto the new hdd. I went through the installation process and was given the OK by the program. However, once I installed the new hdd, the netbook will not boot. All I see is the black screen with the blinking cursor.

Help!

It installed and configured based on the desktop mobo, hardware etc, so naturally it won't boot on the laptop
m
l
July 27, 2012 2:32:31 PM

Install the drive in the laptop, and install Windows on that. You can't install Windows on one set of hardware then move it to another computer most of the time. Get an external DVD drive if you need to.
m
l
!