Which brand of motherboard is best at overclocking?

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
So i finally did my research and figured out which CPU i will be buying. Now i know i will be overclocking (not to the extreme lol). So i need to know which is best, I was thinking Gigabyte (ECS cant overclock any more so thats not an option). I am getting a E1200 or E2160 (still not sure) for gaming/internet (with a Geforce 7950 GX2), Will either one bottleneck the 7950 GX2 ( with cpu overclocked?)? Computer is temporary for gaming so i just need a cpu capable of keeping up with the cpu. I got a AMD 2300 BE 1.9 GHZ and it can not keep up with my GPU (i do get good FPS on medium/high detail on crysis which is quite amazing).

Any way will either CPU bottleneck (while overclocked) and which brand of motherboard will be best for overclocking with a preferred program for overclocking.

shadowthor

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
Tbh, I wouldn't overclock through software and the brand of mobo is your choice. There has been good reviews of the P45 mobos from Asus. Could you also state budget?

Xternal

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Gigabyte ep35-ds3l it has the program u seek for , but the bios is easy enough to do the oc so is not needed and it costs about 89.99 on newegg

I just bought a used e4300 with the pin mod. It's very stable at the default voltage. My compaq board has no overclocking adjustments in the bios, so this is the only way for me. You can use copper tape (from fry's) or rear window defroster repair kit solution. I only paid $60 for this cpu, and the speed jumped from 1800 to 2400. I just found the 1333 pin mod posting, so I may have to try it someday.

TRENDING THREADS