Sign in with
Your question

Have windows vista log off an admin user after idle time

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 25, 2012 1:15:19 PM

Hello, I have an underage son that I have parental controls set up on his login account. Once in awhile my husband will forget to logoff the admin account and then my son will get on the computer and be able to surf anywhere he wants to. I need a way to set up the admin account to logoff to a login screen after the admin account sits idle for lets say 15 min just like on a work computer but I am not running a server I just have a single home pc running vista home premium version 6 sp2
July 25, 2012 2:04:06 PM

rengblade said:
Hello, I have an underage son that I have parental controls set up on his login account. Once in awhile my husband will forget to logoff the admin account and then my son will get on the computer and be able to surf anywhere he wants to. I need a way to set up the admin account to logoff to a login screen after the admin account sits idle for lets say 15 min just like on a work computer but I am not running a server I just have a single home pc running vista home premium version 6 sp2

Have your husband setup a screen saver to activate after so many minutes of idle time for his logon, and require password to get logged back on.
m
l
July 28, 2012 1:28:00 PM

Right Click on a blank location of the screen, a drop down will apear Click on "Personalize".
Goto the the Screen Saver window.
Select a wait time of 15 minutes.
Check box On resume, display logon screen.
and select a desired screen saver.

m
l
July 28, 2012 1:32:47 PM

Right Click on a blank location of the screen, a drop down will apear Click on "Personalize".
Select "Screen saver"

Goto the the Screen Saver window.
Select a wait time of 15 minutes.
Check box On resume, display logon screen.
and select a desired screen saver.

Missed a step this is the corrected procedure!
m
l
!