Sign in with
Your question

Usb ports not working vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 25, 2012 8:18:21 PM

The USB ports stopped working when I booted my Dell laptop a couple of days back. My wired mouse lights up but Windows is not responding. My external monitor thru VGA port is not working either.
July 26, 2012 4:07:28 PM

gvinjamuri said:
The USB ports stopped working when I booted my Dell laptop a couple of days back. My wired mouse lights up but Windows is not responding. My external monitor thru VGA port is not working either.

I would have the PSU and MOBO checked out.
July 26, 2012 4:51:40 PM

ksiemb said:
I would have the PSU and MOBO checked out.

Thanks for the advice. My laptop is three years old. Maybe I should just buy a new one istead of replacing expensive parts.
Anonymous
November 4, 2012 8:19:58 PM

Had the same problem recently on a dell laptop, no USB ports working. After several days pulling my hair out trying to fix problem and trying the advice gathered from searching the Internet, I finally fixed the problem, on boot up pressed the F2 key to enter set-up options and discovered that when I toggled down the column to highlight the USB ports, several options became available in the window including EXTERNAL USB PORTS TURNED OFF once I turned them back on and restarted,everything working ok.
!