JohnB3293

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in.

Recently, when I start Windows Explorer, I get "C:\ Microsoft INTERNET Explorer" on the title bar instead of only "C:\". This started just recently. Why would that be and how do I take that off????

JohnB3293

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
An old old problem. If you're on XP or an earlier version of Windows, open your Registry Editor and go to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Windows Title

If I'm not mistaken that's what allows you to edit the title. Unfortunately, the instructions don't seem to apply to Vista nor Windows 7.

JohnB3293

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Thank Lavarin.......... However, did not quite work..
All went fine until I got to 'Main' but could not find any reference to 'Windows Title'.
I made a registry search for "Windows Title" and came up with nothing. I also searched for 'Windows Internet Explorer' (as it appears on the title bar of Explorer) and again, came up blank...
JohnB

JohnB3293

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Does anyone has any suggestions???? Still showing 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' on title bar for EXPLORER. (Shows following the folders path. I.E.: 'C:\ATI - Microsoft Internet Explorer'
JohnB

JohnB3293

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Never mind :).......Just figured it out. I am new to modifying the registry so.... Lavarin (Message one above) was correct. However, since the Key 'Window Title' Was missing, I had to add it to the list. Done that and all is fine now.
Thanks Lavarin