Nvidia 700 series Motherboard Graphic problems

deathmage

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Can tom's Hardware make a review of the Current resolution to the problems of Video artifacts on video on most of the Nvidia 700 series motherboards?

is its a GPU issue or CPU issue?

is it Drivers related or Software?

allot of people are worried, could someone post a resolve to this issue?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
i have owned both 780i and presantly 790i boards. the performance is about the same....a little better on the 790i but a lot more head aches. 790i's have a horrible time with the number 1600....whether its ram or fsb. i clock mine at 1599.2 (or thats what i come out with on cpuz my bios says 1599 flat) i run the ram and fsb in sync. try it at 1600 and u can game for 30 to 45 secomnds if your lucky and then bsod or comnplete freeze. i spent two weeks figuring it out after flashing the bios 4 times...calling both my mobo and memory manufactuars...all admit some ( a lot) of the boards (790i) have issuses with the 1600 support. if u run patriot memory like i choose the 1 mhz adustment fixed all...some peeps run fine at 1600. mostly qx97700 with ocz ddr3 1600. from what the evga forums showed me. don't get me wrong once its working its great. i have my qx9650 cpu at 4ghz (3.99 cpuz) and 1599 linked and sinked ram/fsb. with 3 8800gtxs i score 21000+ 3dmarks.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
oh as for the hardware software issuse...its a bit of both. don't run any of the ntune programs (minus the core driver obviously). heard a lot of peeps had trouble over clocking or gettting artifacts when they ran those progams as well. i had no trouble personally on a 790i but uninstalled just in case as my 780i did have issuses with them.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
not very aggersively as far as i can tell. the both chips sets have super potential but there still a lot of bugs in both program code and bios. basically the thumb is in the bum and "we are aware of the issues and working on resolving all of them." line stopped cutting it a long time ago.
short story long...its a great board for hard core gamers and overclockers, but its trickier than it should be to get stable. isn't that half the fun of build though? the challenge to get it peeked out in performance without your cpu and mother board catching fire alerting the niebghors to what a geek you (me and everyone else in here) are. anyways who know mabye the drivers and bios will mature just in time to buy my next bleeding edge pc which will be immature and have the same jacked up drivers and bios issues all over again!