8800gt 512mb 1 long 3 short help

spoonysam

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Hello and thankyou for reading, Over the past 6 months my card has been sent for repairs twice already and its supposdly "fixed". The 8800gt in question was working fine for about 2 months up until now where it has decided to crash randomly. When it crashes both of my screens refresh pure black and my sound plays for about 4 seconds then starts to loop. about 10 seconds later my mechine beeps 1 long 3 short. I have reset the card a multitude of times. Its not the motherboards issue because my previous card (7900gs) still works fine and i've cheaked the card for any odditys but have failed to find any. I was wondering if this could be a compatability issue with my build. But seeing as the 2nd mechine in my house (exact same build) works perfectly fine.

The crashing seems to occur more regularly whilst playing black and white 2 and cabal however it will crash randomly on anything including idle. This is a frustrating problem as it **** itself for about 5 seconds after the beep then i'm able to reboot it. Please give me any advice every thing of mine seems to get these 0.0001% chance fails *two screens only displayed white* and my 8800 blew up inside my p.c because of a factory problem.

Regards, Andrew

Well, you seem to have narrowed it down to your 8800GT ****'* itself then waits five seconds and shuts down. Other than it being a real stinker of a 'bad' card, your PSU would be suspect to being crap. Otherwise, your video RAM may be overheating and taking a dump due to a weak or underclocked fan. GL.

spoonysam

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Indeed, yes i have and its a graphics card issue. i installed latest windows compatable drivers reset bios to defult defraged c drive. and the 1 long 3 short indicates what i believe to be a video card connection error. But i will test it in a mates mechine and grab his 8800 to see if its my motherboard. Cheers.