"Atboottime"and "APPCRASH"- HELP! Is this a Virus?

If there is anyone who can help me, that'd be great!

Problems:
-Whenever I go to open My Videos or the library tab in Real Player, a failure message pops up and says the program (or Windows Explorer) has to shut down. Then it promptly kills and reboots Windows Explorer.
-I've looked at the details and it says that "QuickTime task" has killed it. That is probably what started all this. a few days ago, when looking online at appropriate memorial/funeral songs, a failure message would pop up repeatedly. It would says that "Quicktime failed to...." something or other. It was weird because I don't use Quicktime and there was nothing on the webpages that used Quicktime.
-I've looked up in my start up entries to find two things called "Quicktime task- atboottime" and "Tkbell" were there. I tried to delete them from the start up entries and in the registry but they keep coming back.
-I've run MalwareBytes, AVG and Spybot but at the moment, no luck. Malwarebytes found some junk but I took it off. Spybot found nothing. AVG has found more trojans but still no luck. The problems haven't gone away.

If anyone knows what this is and what I could do to fix it, please let me know!
1 answer Last reply
More about atboottime appcrash help virus
  1. OnceAgain said:
    If there is anyone who can help me, that'd be great!

Problems:
    -Whenever I go to open My Videos or the library tab in Real Player, a failure message pops up and says the program (or Windows Explorer) has to shut down. Then it promptly kills and reboots Windows Explorer.
    -I've looked at the details and it says that "QuickTime task" has killed it. That is probably what started all this. a few days ago, when looking online at appropriate memorial/funeral songs, a failure message would pop up repeatedly. It would says that "Quicktime failed to...." something or other. It was weird because I don't use Quicktime and there was nothing on the webpages that used Quicktime.
    -I've looked up in my start up entries to find two things called "Quicktime task- atboottime" and "Tkbell" were there. I tried to delete them from the start up entries and in the registry but they keep coming back.
    -I've run MalwareBytes, AVG and Spybot but at the moment, no luck. Malwarebytes found some junk but I took it off. Spybot found nothing. AVG has found more trojans but still no luck. The problems haven't gone away.

If anyone knows what this is and what I could do to fix it, please let me know!

Try deleting Browser cache, and look for suspicious add ons. Might also reset the browser (s). Disk cleanup can't hurt as some nasty things may hide in temp folders. Then, if it happened recently, a Windows restore to date prior to issue may solve it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Windows Explorer Quicktime Windows Vista