Pc hangs at start up

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 25, 2010 8:00:03 AM

Hello,
i needd help!
my pc, after booting to its desktop and loading startup programs like ESET nOd32 and malwarebytes anti malware, suddenly freezes. i can move my cursor but the start button cant be accessed and the right click function isnt functioning too..and the icons on my desktop freezes too. my keyboard's fine but the task manager just wont show up.. any ideas? i tried Safe Mode but still have the same problems.. i need superior help pleeeease!!

More about : hangs start

August 25, 2010 10:25:41 AM

Try booting into safe mode with command prompt. Can you get to the command line?

If not, do you have an XP disc?
m
l
August 27, 2010 11:11:41 AM

faceace said:
Hello,
i needd help!
my pc, after booting to its desktop and loading startup programs like ESET nOd32 and malwarebytes anti malware, suddenly freezes. i can move my cursor but the start button cant be accessed and the right click function isnt functioning too..and the icons on my desktop freezes too. my keyboard's fine but the task manager just wont show up.. any ideas? i tried Safe Mode but still have the same problems.. i need superior help pleeeease!!

Hello did you tried to boot into Safe Mode? (tap f8 while booting) if it happens to start in Safe Mode will see your device manager to see if you did not point dexclamation or yellow question mark on a peripheral
m
l
!