Sign in with
Your question

BLURAY WRITES OK BUT DOES NOT READ

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 28, 2012 4:55:52 AM

Have a good one for you. Have Swappable Hard-drive carriage have Windows Xp sp2, Vista Home Basic sp2, Vista Business sp2 and Win 7. Have a AMD X64 Dual Core 4000 running with 32 software with 2 GB memory. Purchased an LG Blu Ray writer and installed it. Have Cyberlink Super Multi Blue and Nero 11 installed. Using Vista Home I wrote a RE disk to 22GB full, Can only read it with XP pro, the other OS's slow down too the point of almost being locked up.

If I can read and write a Blu Ray with windows XP why can't I with the other Os's. Another Point Vista Business will allow me to play a DVD on PowerDVD 10 standard but not Wide Screen without slowing at times to catch up. I am assuming I have software incompatibly with Vista and win 7.

Before Installing LG Blu Ray I had a HP DVD1040 and never had a problem playing DVDs.

More about : bluray writes read

July 31, 2012 1:34:33 PM

Have a good one for you. Have Swappable Hard-drive carriage have Windows Xp sp2, Vista Home Basic sp2, Vista Business sp2 and Win 7. Have a AMD X64 Dual Core 4000 running with 32 software with 2 GB memory. Purchased an LG Blu Ray writer and installed it. Have Cyberlink Super Multi Blue and Nero 11 installed. Using Vista Home I wrote a RE disk to 22GB full, Can only read it with XP pro, the other OS's slow down too the point of almost being locked up.

If I can read and write a Blu Ray with windows XP why can't I with the other Os's. Another Point Vista Business will allow me to play a DVD on PowerDVD 10 standard but not Wide Screen without slowing at times to catch up. I am assuming I have software incompatibly with Vista and win 7.

Before Installing LG Blu Ray I had a HP DVD1040 and never had a problem playing DVDs.

I have noticed that the larger the Drive media the slower it runs, until it reaches the 25 GB mark in which it stops completely. It is acting like a buffer overrun.
Checked the registry for "UpperFilters"/"LowerFilters" not there.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:01:27 PM

I think, I have found the problem with my Blu Ray Writer.

Goto Device manager
Select IDE ATA/ATAPI controlers

Look inside "IDE Channel properties" "Advanced settings Tab"

Find the channel with "ATAPI cdrom"

Under device properties

deselect the checkbox with Enable DMA.

I can read and write to disk with this checkbox deselected.

Hope this will not cause other problems!!!
m
l
!