GPU not powering on properly

metsys

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
If anyone can help me with this I will love you forever

My GPU suddenly stopped powering on for no apparent reason, the fan still started up on it, but otherwise didn't send a signal to the monitors, or make its little beep.

So switched out another card, didn't make a difference, had the same problem as before, so I replaced the mobo/cpu/RAM, but once again I had the same problem. So I even replaced the PSU, but still the damned thing won't power on properly, and neither will the other card.

I have absolutely no idea what could possibly be going on anymore, I even tried plugging it into different power outlets, but nothing seems to work.

System specs:
500watt PSU (new)
2gig Dual channel DDR2 RAM (new)
BFG 7800gtx video card + my friends old 7600gt that also didn't work
Intel q6600 processor (new)

akhilles

Splendid
Unless you're J. Alba, you can stay 10 feet away from me. :D

What's the make & model of the psu? How old is this build? Was anything overclocked? Do you think the VP will decide this prez election? Scratch the last one. :D

And Im assuming the 7800gtx video card + your friends old 7600gt both work fine in other computers?
If I didnt read that you had changed out the MB I would have suspected the PCI-e slot of being bad on the MB.
What motherboard are you working with? and what bios version are you on?

metsys

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
As far as the two cards working in other computers, I can't test that at the moment, but up until my friend replaced it, the 7600gt was working fine, and about two years old.

my 7800gtx is about two/three years old, as is everything else I haven't replaced so far except for one of the hard drives. Nothing has been overclocked, the mobo is the MSI p35 neo2. No idea what the bios version is because I can't really check right now.

the PSU was made by Thermaltake or something similar, can't check atm

Right now the most logical guess as to whats wrong, is that somehow demons have possesed my tower and are preventing it from working...