rymsza

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Hello, how i can get sata driver for windows xp im trying for 3 days i have packard bell ixtreme i5622 uk windows 7 i wnat to have dual boot

The SATA driver you see at the Packard-Bell UK site for your computer indicates it is for Windows 7.

Don't give up so soon. Slightly hidden in the zip file is a "Readme.txt" file that says this:

To create a pre-install disk for 32-bit Win2K/WinXP/Win2003/Vista, please copy all files in the floppy32 folder to the root directory of a floppy disk.

To create a pre-install disk for 64-bit WinXP/Win2003/Vista, please copy all files in the floppy64 folder to the root directory of a floppy disk.
You can get this driver zip file from Packard-Bell - UK..HERE

I assume you are seeking XP drivers. This file is for also for Win 7 with additional OS drivers included.

If you are installing Windows Xp Home, or XP professional, or Xp Media Center, it will be 32 Bit.

If you are installing XP X64 Professional it will be 64 bit.

This is considering the system you are trying to install, not what you already have.

This is the driver Setup is looking for when it says to press the F6 key to install 3rd party drivers shortly after starting your process to make a new install. This driver will be merged into Windows permanently.