XP doesn't "see" external usb fdd.

I've had a teac external usb fdd now for years, and never had a problem with any pc I ran it to, just like a pen drive, no sweat, UNTIL I picked up a used Vaio (model vgn-fs745p/h). Now drivers think that it is a pen drive, only when I need to 'send to floppy' there is no comm LED on floppy, and the vaio says that i have to put a disk in, when there is already one in. Anybody know a good device drive or launcher that would remedy this?? By the way I've already tried several of the more popular downloads, (reg-cure, driver detective, registry mechanic) all to no avail.
2 answers Last reply
More about doesn external
  1. Just to be clear, this only happens on your old VAIO? Try reinstalling its motherboard drivers (on the CD that came with your mobo)
  2. ok, yes, it only is a problem on my (new for me, but used) vaio. Any other computer, it kicks right in without a prob. Toshiba maintains that there IS no drivers for this unit, becuz drivers aren't needed for it, and I can see their point. So what I'm left with, is trying to find a "windows" solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media External USB Windows XP Storage